Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where to put this :) so here sounded good!

I am on the hospitality committee for the specialty next year. I've been to two. IF you have never been to one, OMGOSH, you are so missing out. The VENDERS.. I have spent HUNDREDS of dollars on stuff, you can ONLY get at the specialites. Maltese jewelry, first year I got a bling Maltese side view... last year, I got the bracelet to match. I got the most beautiful jacket... the ZIPPER is rhinestone..when you zip it up, looks like a rhinestone line up the front, when you unzip it, it folds into two sides of rhinestones...and there is a beautiful rhinestone Maltese outline, both on the breast pocket area and the back. NO WHERE else can you get these one of a kind items and I will cherish them forever, while remembering all of the good times...*especially* last year.

I bought the matching bracelet as a celebratory reward. Ritzy winning her class in sweeps and place 2nd the next day in reg classes... I mean, people breed for YEARS to have that happen... Cheryl and I are so so proud of her. But my point is... no where else will you see so many beautiful Maltese all in ONE place!!! and build so many wonderful memories... And the rescues..oh the rescue parade.. this year, I couldn't even stay in the room.. tears just come, NO dry eyes are in that room.

Now, I've been to alot of Labrador specialties and they, by no means, compare.... but, it takes work, dedication and love to make these events work. Right now, we are trying to make this specialty ONE to remember!!! and we need voluteers to do it. It is SO much fun to be in a group of Maltese LOVERS and help make the specialty, well, special! There is much pride in being a part of that accomplishment...

So, how about it... who wants to join in and be part of making THIS next specialty, the BEST one yet!!! We need help with the hospitality...which is the HEART of the show!!! and how appropriate.. this year's theme is "deep in the HEART of Texas". Southern Hospitality...at its FINEST!!! We need help with getting donations for the bags, putting them together, people to "man" the "party room!!" oh that is like helping to party LOL!! (and you won't have to while the shows are going on, so everyone can see the beatiful dogs!!!)

So how about it... please PM me if you are interested... and PLEASE do'nt think "it is too far".. YOU MAKE it happen!!! You plan and save and I promise, you will NOT be dissappointed. I mean really, how many vacations can you take WITH your MALTESE to sit around and TALK about NOTHING ELSE (well, almost nothing else LOL) than MALTESE for 5 days!!!! You'd be CRAZY NOT to!!!!

So, please PM me before I have to answer back, sorry, we've got too many to help and you MISS OUT on this wonderful opportunity to be a part of the PARTEE!!!! I look forward to hearing from you and then meeting up with you in person!!! and your babies too!!!

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Karla - I don't see Texas in my future this year. The only way I got to Nationals in Atlanta was because I coordinated a work trip there in May. I'm sure it will be wonderful.:chili:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Karla - I don't see Texas in my future this year. The only way I got to Nationals in Atlanta was because I coordinated a work trip there in May. I'm sure it will be wonderful.:chili:
Ok..well, take a work trip to Texas LOL! Yes, it will be amazing.. I can just feel it, one for the memory books for sure!

·
Registered
106 Posts
This will be my first year getting to come shop, errr I mean watch! I can't wait and hopefully will have another fluff in tow to watch with Max:)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This will be my first year getting to come shop, errr I mean watch! I can't wait and hopefully will have another fluff in tow to watch with Max:)
Wonderful!! So does that mean you want to help man the hospitality table for a few hours somewhere in there :wub:

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Karla, count Marina and I in for a few hours :) We won't be getting there as early this year though because of the school Marina will be missing for Westminster.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Oh you're going to go this year, Maggie? That's fantastic! Looking forward to meeting you!

Ok..well, take a work trip to Texas LOL! Yes, it will be amazing.. I can just feel it, one for the memory books for sure!
Unfortunately, in this current economy, it's not as easy to suggest someone makes it happen. It might be better to just ask who is going and then ask if people would volunteer. There was a huge SM turnout last year and I'm sure that will be the case again this year! I love that part, meeting all my fellow smers. :chili:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I will be going, but on the Rescue side of it. I'll be helping Edie.

And yep, I'll be taking one of our rescues along with me.

Can't wait, as I love showing off my babies.

I'm thinking of taking LBB, and Tommy!!

How cool would that be? I know, they are too big to fit in one crate, under the seat, so I'll just have to find someone to fly with me ~ :chili:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh you're going to go this year, Maggie? That's fantastic! Looking forward to meeting you!

Unfortunately, in this current economy, it's not as easy to suggest someone makes it happen. It might be better to just ask who is going and then ask if people would volunteer. There was a huge SM turnout last year and I'm sure that will be the case again this year! I love that part, meeting all my fellow smers. :chili:
Yes, I almost 99 percent sure I think it will be fun for Max and the new member *crossing finger* :chili:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

LOL that was a joke about the business trip, Stacy! <grin>

Unfortunately, we can't wait until the last minute to see who might be able to help. It takes alot to plan this and so I need some good steady and dependable volunteers we can count on, early on. Thanks SO much for volunteering!! The committee very much appreciates it!! And of course, we will DEFINETLY be rooting for and are so proud of Marina getting to Westminster!!! What an amazing accomplishment for her.

Thanks again!!

Karla

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would not mind offering a few hour's if needed :)
That would be so wonderful and generous of you Maggie. Thank you SO much!!! Can't wait to meet you this time. I missed EVERYONE last year, except Stacy a couple of times and Carina (we showed side by side). I was caught up in bathing, grooming and keeping dogs quiet!!! I plan to do alot more "socializing" this next year!!!!

karla

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
That would be so wonderful and generous of you Maggie. Thank you SO much!!! Can't wait to meet you this time. I missed EVERYONE last year, except Stacy a couple of times and Carina (we showed side by side). I was caught up in bathing, grooming and keeping dogs quiet!!! I plan to do alot more "socializing" this next year!!!!

karla
Yes, let's hope we don't have to worry about keeping our dogs as quiet as we did in Atlanta! That really was awful.

Do you think you'll be showing this year? I'm hoping to have something to show, will have to wait to see what Lois has next week!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, let's hope we don't have to worry about keeping our dogs as quiet as we did in Atlanta! That really was awful.

Do you think you'll be showing this year? I'm hoping to have something to show, will have to wait to see what Lois has next week!

Crossing finger's for Lois! I am getting to excited myself, I so would not be a good person to whelp puppies

Oh also, since I am going for fun and shopping, I don't mind helping baby sit a a few if they need to be a little quiet side for those working :)

·
Registered
106 Posts

karla
Add me down :0 Happy to help out, I am really happy I am going

1 - 20 of 27 Posts