Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Karla has posted asking for help for the Hospitality group for the 2011 Specialty, I thought I would post this link too.
Cathy, Myself and Joanie Carqueville are the coordinators for the Rescue Raffle at the Texas Specialty. We need to start now to gather items for the Rescue Raffle. For those that dont attend, we have many tables with many wonderful Maltese or non-Maltese items to buy raffle tickets for. It is a wonderful fun event and it is the main source of all the Rescue funds that are in the AMA Rescue account. So many Rescues are counting on us. We hope to make this one of the best years for raising funds despite the economy. Texas does everything in a grand way and hope this holds true for the Raffle.
What I am asking from all of you is, if you are a crafty person and make things or know people that make things, our Rescue Raffle could use your talent and donations. We have the whole winter to work on this and I hope to enlist your help and support. Some of you can donate your items and those that go can buy tickets in hopes of winning them.
What do you think?? This can be fun and you can share your donation before it is sent, just to wet the appetite of those going. LOL
I personally have gotten into a few bidding wars on the silent auction items. We have one table that is silent auction too. If you want to e-mail me privately that works for me, or pm Cathy.
[email protected] Thanks, Edie

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Edie :thumbsup: Thanks for reminding us.. It is one of the funnest parts of the Specialty.. the raffle and the rescue parade is always so awesome. I was planning on contributing some homemade stuff this year.. and for the crafters know that they don't have to be perfect... For those who haven't ever participated maybe you can help refresh all of us with the variety of items offered. Some I remember are doggy beds, pads, grooming tools, doggy outfits, Maltese pictures, stationary, dog food, treats, bows and Maltese emblem bags etc.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Oh! The raffle was so much fun!!!!! I bought so many tickets and tried to win some really cool stuff!!!!
...Maybe next year I'll actually win something!! :prayer:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fun part about winning things is figuring out how to get it home.
We will have some very special things again this year , most are Maltese related, but they dont have to be.
I have a friend that makes afghan's and have donated a few of those in past years.
Please send all donations to :

Denise Hunter
302 Stone Mountain Road
Cresson, Texas 76035

Please mark the outside of the box "Rescue Raffle".

I am getting excited and we still have a long time till April.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Edie,

I have tons of stuff to donate, and I'm planning on attending this year. Also, I think we should sell raffle tickets here on SM to those that will not be able to attend this year. As it gets closer to the date for the Specialty, I'll contact Yung to make certain that he will be OK will this. If you need me to keep track of the raffle tickets purchased by SM folks, I'm more than happy to help.

Hugs,

Lynn

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Question about the Rescue Parade -- to be in the parade, does the fluff have to be rescued from AMA or can he/she be a rescue from another rescue group? Would love to have Tilly in the parade. :)

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lynn, It would be great to have your help and will talk to Joanie also about selling the raffle tickets to SM members.
As far as having a rescue dog in the parade, it all depends on how many AMA rescue dogs are going to be in it. I think the limit on dogs is 6 due to time. If Joanie doesnt have 6 AMA rescues, then most certainly any other Maltese rescue can be in it.
I know of 4 AMA rescue's that are planning on being in the parade, but that could change before the show. One of them is Hope and one never knows with her.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I would be happy to contribute something. Not sure what but I paint roses (only have painted Maggie's portrait as far as Maltese stuff) But if you think some would like roses on "something" I will be happy to do that.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Hi Edie,

I just saw this post and would like to donate to the AMA rescue raffle. I have been into knitting afghans this summer and really enjoyed it so if you think it is appropriate I would like to make one and donate for the rescue fund. They are not Maltese related but I can tell you Maltese sure like cuddling up on them:biggrin:

Here are some pictures of the ones I made for myself. I love bright colors so I made orange for the summer and just finished a red one for this winter.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Lynda, WOW!! That is one beautiful afghan!! Holy Cow!

I'm, certainly, going to buy raffle tickets now. Hey Edie, can I?

I will be there for sure. I plan on taking Tommy, and LBB. They will
be in the ring together.

LBB: Yep, that will be a sight for sore eyes ~ :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Wow Lynda, that afghan is just beautiful!!! I hope to attend the Nationals this year and i'd like to donate to the raffle, i just have to think what i'd like to donate.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Linda, I just saw this. Would LOVE to have you make an afghan for the Rescue Raffle. I will be there and yes Deb, anyone can buy tickets for the Raffle. The trick is getting everything back home if you are flying. Take an extra suitcase or a very big one and just pack it half full.
Linda, did you see the address to send things too?? It all goes to :
Denise Hunter
302 Stone Mountain Rd.
Cresson, Texas 76035
You need to write "Rescue Raffle" on the outside of the box and please let me know privately if you send something. We need to keep a list of our donor's to publish the list at the Specialty. thanks so much from all our Rescue's. Hugs,Edie

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Ok Edie, I will do it. I can make it out of wool, cotton or acrylic, and any color. Do you or anyone else have a preference/suggestion? The two that I sent pictures of are made out of wool yarn.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I would make it washable if you can. Is the wool ,machine washable and dry??
The wool I used for mine is machine washable on a very gentle cycle, but not machine dry. It has to be laid flat to dry, or dry cleaned. I will use a yarn that is both machine washable and dry and probably full of color:thumbsup:

I will be off shopping tomorrow:chili:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Beautiful work Lynda! I had no idea that you were so talented! I hope you can come again this year. We always have such a ball hanging out together. You know that purse of yours that I liked so much at the last Specialty? Well, I didn't get the exact same one but I did get one in a different make with the same colors. I totally love it and have had so many complements. Yours inspired me to make the purchase! :)

Cathy

P.S. Your kidz are as cute as ever!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts