Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They went together..Amber went so fast and Emily, tough little baby bird that she was went slower..
We had them laying side by side and they went across the bridge together..

They snuggled a lot ,especially after Sasha died last year..

Emily really need Amber after that..

Sassy went with us to say good bye..

This is Emily's precious paw in my hand and Amber's precious paw...Our last time together...

Just waiting for their ashes in a few days..It will help to have them home again...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Oh Michelle, they are in a place where they no longer have pain. You gave them amazing lives. When my mother passed, the little boy next door asked what happened to her. I explained that her body had become tired and she needed to rest. Amber and Emily will for ever be in all of our hearts. They are at peace. I hope your heart heals quickly.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
I'm just so sorry Michelle. I don't know what else to say and there really isn't anything to say that can help ease your pain right now but it might help to come here to talk to all of us about how you're feeling because we all understand.

·
Premium Member
17,197 Posts
Michelle, as I said on FB---it reminds me of the quote "It was the worst & best of times"---worst for you & Al & best for Amber & Emily. . . . your most loving & kind act benefited the ones you love the most. Bless you! It is also beautiful that Sassy could say goodbye. . . you do so many things right.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Dear Michelle and Al,

As I wrote on Facebook ...

I am so sorry. My heart has been breaking along with yours. You both have been such loving and wonderful parents to Amber and Emily. Tears flowed as I watched and listened to the poignant videos ... as you and Al talked to your precious angels. One can see, and hear in your voices ... the deep love you have for Amber and Emily. Bless you for helping your beautiful babies no longer have to endure pain and discomfort. They are now angels at the Rainbow Bridge/in Heaven ... and, their love will always be right there with you. Sending love and many healing hugs.:heart:

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I'm so sorry Michelle. Your post brought me to tears. Your babies were blessed to have you as their Mommy. I hope happy memories of healthier days bring you comfort.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know we've all cried tears for the furbabies we've gotten to know here..we've cried with so many here and now we cry for ours..

Sassy is our last remaining furbaby,we brought her along to say good bye...
Hugged and kissed her all the way home...

I just picked up Amber and Emily's big bed and sniffed (inhaled) their scent on the binkies...

·
Premium Member
17,197 Posts
Michelle, it is going to be rough going for a while so be kind to yourself! Time won't change things but it will give you new perspective. Remember grief is not linear.
I hope you can start your trip soon---maybe getting out of town for a while will be a good change of pace. Will Sassy go w/you? She will need you more now that she is alone & she is so small that you could really take her anyplace.
Take as much time as you need & grieve well. . . . life can wait. :wub:

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Michelle, it is going to be rough going for a while so be kind to yourself! Time won't change things but it will give you new perspective. Remember grief is not linear.
I hope you can start your trip soon---maybe getting out of town for a while will be a good change of pace. Will Sassy go w/you? She will need you more now that she is alone & she is so small that you could really take her anyplace.
Take as much time as you need & grieve well. . . . life can wait. :wub:
We take our fur babies on holiday. Just wouldn’t be fun without them. We use pet travel sites so we can find “pet friendly” places. We don’t go there unless they accept pets.

It’s so hard to think about Amber and Emily not being with us.
We brought Sassy with us to say goodbye

We’re thinking about going to Florida next week , being here right now , not seeing them is hard.

Sassy will be with us when we go. The three of us need each other so much right now.

·
Premium Member
17,197 Posts
Just checking in to see how you guys are sleeping, or not sleeping?

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just checking in to see how you guys are sleeping, or not sleeping?
Neither of us slept much..I cried so hard I had a subconjunctival hemorrhage ,left eye,from crying. It hurt so much I got into see retinolgist..He gave me some drops to reduce pressure...

So hard to not see three begging faces..I dropped a piece of crust and said "Emy,get it"..
Al did the same thing, calling out Amber for a treat..

I called the vet today to let them know Sassy was doing well on her antibiotics and steroids..she has a upper respiratory inflamation..
She gets it in winter when it's dry..

I told her, at least we could help one dog...

It'll help to get their ashes back..hopefully Thursday or Friday..with holiday it's delayed...

Went up to volunteer at the shelter today..had to get away for a while,plus helping the critters is always good medicine..

We may go to Florida next week.. may do us good to get out of the house..

Sassy liked the Keys,especially Key West...,outside restaurants that allow doggies..

·
Premium Member
23,996 Posts
Michelle - I'm glad to read that you're going to try to go to FL where it will be warm and sunny and soothing to the body and soul. I loved the video you posted of Al with the girls the other day. Such a lasting tribute to them and showing them just how much you loved them...as though they didn't know that. Sending you hugs, my friend.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts