Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Amber our sweet cocker is eithe rsick or hurt somehow. She ws fine yesterday until the evening,then she started walking a little slower. She wouldn't jump onto the couch and last night she let off a powerful loud stinker so I thought it might be gas. This morning she just kinda wwalks and gallops a little w/ a humped back.
I called the emergency pager number and am waiting for a response.

They just called We're on our way! Pray for Amber.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was worried she ate something and got sick ,we do have Castor Bean plants,highly poison but I watch the pods and pick them off before they pop open. Since the seed pods are prickely,they don't bother them...

Amber has a bladder infection but luckily no stones. Had them do a UA and full panel and Xrays too ,just in case. She's rarely ever sick so when she walked all humped and wouldn't go up one step or jump on the couch or even the car to go bye ,bye,I knew she was hurting.

The x ray did show some gassy areas but she's been sucking in a lot of air panting. It also showed arthritis coming in her spine,but not more than what would be expected for her age,7 years old..

She's on antibiotics for 2 weeks and a pain killerfor today. Poor baby,she'll be on the couch w/ us all taking it easy today.

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers...

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Michelle - I'm so sorry that you and mostly Amber had to go through this. Thank goodness they knew what it was and she's got med. You must have been so worried. Hope she's snuggling in with you, Al and the rest of the gang or even better a little one on one time. Praying she'll do just fine.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Glad you have had a diagnosis already. Sounds like you are on top of it. Poor little thing. Must be in a lot of pain with it.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
I was worried she ate something and got sick ,we do have Castor Bean plants,highly poison but I watch the pods and pick them off before they pop open. Since the seed pods are prickely,they don't bother them...

Amber has a bladder infection but luckily no stones. Had them do a UA and full panel and Xrays too ,just in case. She's rarely ever sick so when she walked all humped and wouldn't go up one step or jump on the couch or even the car to go bye ,bye,I knew she was hurting.

The x ray did show some gassy areas but she's been sucking in a lot of air panting. It also showed arthritis coming in her spine,but not more than what would be expected for her age,7 years old..

She's on antibiotics for 2 weeks and a pain killerfor today. Poor baby,she'll be on the couch w/ us all taking it easy today.

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers...
G-d love her, bless her.

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I have a very special place in my heart for Cockers.

Allie

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She's sleeping now,poor baby. She's walking better so the pain meds are working. I knew last night she wasn't quite herself ,she kinda grunted a lot and was breathing quick and shallow.
she didn't jump on the couch,but wanted to be picked up and lifted up on the couch. Al didn't think she was bad until he let her out this morning and she didn't run all over. Then he knew it too.

I'm glad we took her to the vet,I hate to let things go,you just never know..

She might get the skoots from the meds but if I feed her after she takes them,it should increase motility and keep her from getting too sick. I just have to watch for tarry stools or vomiting.

I'll have them check for stones if she starts to get frequent infections. This was her first one ever,at 7 years old,that's pretty good.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I'm glad to hear Amber's back home and they found what was wrong. I hope she's completely better in no time! I'm sure she'll get lots of TLC while she recovers.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
You caught it early on, and it's treatable - that's the good part. It's too bad she was in pain, and has the UTI - from experience they are painful. OUCH!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It seems like it came on her fast too,she was fine earlier yesterday morning,jumping and running around but as the day went on,she slowed down and started acting like she was sick.
My sweet baby girl,she just looks at you w/ those big soulful eyes and long eyelashes and wiggles her little twiddle stub... She hurts and she still is such a love,giving kisses.
The vets in our office just love her and all our fluffs. They're so good w/ them,hate to move and try to find that kind of compassion again. I just hope when we do move we can find someone like them again...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts