Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else seen this?

America, We Stand As One

It's a patriotic music video that celebrates the American spirit and remembers our fallen loved ones.

I know the message is meant to be powerful and moving, but frankly, it's ... a little weird, too.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
who is this guy?!!

Good - Theme of song, his intention...

Bad - His shaky voice, his face, his intense stares into the camera... oh where do I begin/end?

Whahahahahahhhhahahha

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@May 2 2005, 10:40 AM
who is this guy?!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58907
[/QUOTE]

On the http://www.americawestandasone.com website, it says his name is Dennis Madalone.

He is the stunt coordinator for Star Trek "The Next Generation," "Deep Space Nine," and "Voyager" and now he's the stunt coordinator for "Without A Trace."

So why is he doing a music video??!?

I dont know whether to shake my head or laugh or cry or think, "Is this a joke?!"
:eek: :new_Eyecrazy:

And now the darn song is stuck in my head.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It is weird. I'm a great fan of anything patriotic, but I gotta draw the line at some "stuck in the late 80's has been dude that needs a new pair of jeans and perhaps a visit to the dentist writing a song that might be good if he had nothing to do with the production of it" Guy.

Anyhow-the video part was ok, but honestly-we need for people to stop trying to cash in on tragedy.

Wanna see a good video?

Canine search and rescue tribute

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I liked it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
A couple parts weren't bad but there was waaaay too much of this guy's face and close ups, etc. It as like "me, me, me". I thought it was "cheesy" and contrived....

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Airmid@May 2 2005, 04:50 PM
It is weird. I'm a great fan of anything patriotic, but I gotta draw the line at some "stuck in the late 80's has been dude that needs a new pair of jeans and perhaps a visit to the dentist writing a song that might be good if he had nothing to do with the production of it" Guy.

Anyhow-the video part was ok, but honestly-we need for people to stop trying to cash in on tragedy. 

Wanna see a good video?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59038
[/QUOTE]

Gosh... now that was a great video.... brought tears to my eyes...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+May 2 2005, 07:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Airmid
@May 2 2005, 04:50 PM

Wanna see a good video?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59038
Gosh... now that was a great video.... brought tears to my eyes...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59091
[/B][/QUOTE]

Since 9/11 I have recieved just about every tribute made. I found the canine tribute to be one of the most touching-
the picture of the dog riding over the chasm of rubble in the basket? The dog looks pretty calm and "OK-let's do this thing"

There is one picture that is not from rescue operations after the attacks-the picture of the red dobe licking the firefighter-that's from a house fire-the ff pulled her out and she thanked him. (But I adore that picture)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts