Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I don't know if anyone posted this anywhere else, btu I was wondering if anyoen in NYC is attending the American Cancer Society Bark for Life walk in Riverside Park on May2. There is a Team Maltese that is attending (from Maltese meetup NYC) and Aolani and I are thinking about attending and were wondering if any of our SM apsl woudl like to attend.

If anyone is interested (agin in NYC) there is also another walk (The K9K Pet Cancer Awareness Walk that funds cancer prevention and treatment research for our furry pals) next Sunday (4/25/2010) crossing the Brooklyn Bridge but we are unable to attend that weekend though we so wanted to cross the bridge together but maybe next year.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you decide to go PM me. It would be nice to see little Dolce and by the end he'll probably enjoy walking on the leash (I think I read in another of your threads that you were having trouble trying to get him to walk). I think it would be a good time for all. I'm also trying to get Aolani out and aboput with other dogs to get him mpre used to his furry pals and since this is outside, I think it would be perfect. Besides it's for a good cause.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
yes definitely a good cause !!! dolce actually alked a bit yesterday and pooped outside woo hoo , so he is getting better , so hopefully by then he wil actually enjoy walking. i will pm and let u know , would be great to meet u as well !

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
I saw it in the Meet Up e-mail from Yumi. I might try to do it with Tyler. Do you know how far the walk is? Think I'd end up doing a lot of carrying. :HistericalSmiley: It's probably pretty close to where I live.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure how long the walk is, but I'm pretty sure AOlani will walk most of it - he loves to walk! However, I will be prepared with his carrier since I'll be taking public transportation and he needs to be in a carrier otherwise we'll get a ticket yikes!

Susan, are you planning on joining Yumi's team? I probably will.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,

Just following up on this and wanted to let everyone know that I will be attending the Bark for Life Walk this Sunday. Below is a link to donate if anyone is interested:

The American Cancer Society:

Yes, my goal was only $10.00 as I wasn't sure about soliciting, but it's for a good cause and every little penny helps.

Thank you,
Aolani and Edith

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Hi all,

Just following up on this and wanted to let everyone know that I will be attending the Bark for Life Walk this Sunday. Below is a link to donate if anyone is interested:

The American Cancer Society:

Yes, my goal was only $10.00 as I wasn't sure about soliciting, but it's for a good cause and every little penny helps.

Thank you,
Aolani and Edith
Hi Edith
Yes I've decided to walk tomorrow afternoon. I hadn't been sure worrying about jet lag but I'd really like to do it since so many of my DH's family had cancer. I'm walking with Tyler for Team Maltese so see you there with Yumi.
Hugs,
Sue

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
I got a call while I was down in Atlanta from the American Cancer Society. We were playing phone tag but they told me today that I won something in the raffle they held. :chili::chili: I have to pick it up one day this week downtown at their offices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts