Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, very loosely Maltese related because Deni was involved...

Last night was the kick off to the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life in our county. If you don't know what that is, it's an overnight campout which is a fundraising effort for the ACS. Teams form and have someone walking the track all night from 6pm until 10am. There are vendors, contests, recognition of survivors and victims. We have a luminaria lighting with hundereds of luminarias lighted (for those of you not from the SW, a luminaria is a paperbag with some sand and a votive candle inside which is lt and provides a nice glow). Anyway, one of the annual contests is the "Miss Relay" pageant. It's a drag pageant!! Just about an hour prior to the start of the contest, my son and some friends decided to enter. They drove back into town and raided the closet and makeup of a female friend, but my son was the only one who could fit in the clothes. Thus, he was the only one of his group to enter...After introductions, a talent contest, and a question pulled out of a can, guess who won? My son!!! I couldn't be prouder!! HAHAHAHA!!! Deni was his prop, and frankly probably the reason he won!! It was my idea to have him hold her ala Paris Hilton...And here "it" is...Miss Relay 2005 of the Curry County (NM) Relay for Life!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
CUTE!!!
Congratulations to you all!!!

We do Relay here too...I think all towns/counties do different contests/entertainmetnt things through the night...this one is a great idea!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
OH MY! HAHAHHAHAAH That aint right! LOL Look how his ribbon matches his eyeshadow!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
What a good sport he is and such a wonderful cause. Congratulations! Oh and of course the real reason he won is your baby - :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
uh.......Congratulations???...LOL, what a fine young man to do this for such a wonderful charity!! True congratulations to him!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts