Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMGosh.... Do any of you watch American Idol at all? Wondering if anyone saw this story on tonights show.

I though Danny Gokey's story was a sad one. This one tonight just broke my heart x10.

So so sad, but such an incredible man. Life is just not fair in so many ways. You don't often think about it until you hear/see something like this. Just watch the video...Grab some tissues too though. :crying:

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Very touching story!

I only hope they don't exploit this like they did Danny's story - it really made me not like him after awhile because it kept getting brought up over and over and over.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Very touching story!

I only hope they don't exploit this like they did Danny's story - it really made me not like him after awhile because it kept getting brought up over and over and over.
Oh they will. AI loves a good back story! But that was sweet, and sad. And who knew that Steven Tyler was such a softie. Hard rocker with a soft heart! Sweet.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Steven Tyler was choked up over that. I think he's our new Paula. :LOL: I wish they wouldn't exploit either but Pam's right. They will.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Really sad!! Yes I wish they would tell some of the stories and let it go at that, but I guess not :(

I really like his voice, I am sure he will bring a lot to the competition.

I LOVE Steven Tyler. Seems like a great guy.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I loved Chris Medina too. What a great guy. And an awesome voice. You can tell by the way he changed up the song that he has a musical background. I wish him the best.

I do wish AI wouldn't beat us over the head with the backstories though. I too got tired of the Danny Gokey thing, even though I loved him at first, because it felt both exploitive and made Danny appear like he felt entitled. It seemed like they had crowned him winner very early on, but I think the public got tired of being constantly reminded of his tragedy. He had a really good voice, though, so it was too bad that so many people soured on him because of AIs machinations.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I like the new judges. Steven Tyler does seem to have a good heart, I noticed it numerous times. And Jennifer Lopez seems like more of an "everyperson" than I expected, too.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
i saw it too , and bawled like a baby ! thats true love right there , and also goes to show how things can change in the blink of an eye .

i love the new judges , love steve n jennifer!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Yup - tears in the eyes especially when he said that he was going to exchange vows within two weeks of the accident and it meant in sickness and health and of course how could he leave her. Talk about moral fiber of a person. Great I'm tearing up now. :smcry:

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
That was a very touching story, too bad it's probably going to be exploited. I'm lovin Steven Tyler he is so funny and JLo is pretty good too.
I know!! His comment last night of "Well he** and fire save the matches, f*** a duck and see what hatches." had me rolling!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
I know!! His comment last night of "Well he** and fire save the matches, f*** a duck and see what hatches." had me rolling!
That was hilarious! He says the bizarre things like Paula but with Steven Tyler, it is just funny rather than bizarre.

I really thought this season would horrible with the new judges, but I can honestly say - I am not missing Simon. Just Steven's facial expressions when he hears a song he likes is entertaining. hopefully he'll keep it up through the live shows and this isn't just a case of good editing.

I just hope they put through the entertaining people now that the judges change hasn't ruined the show. Last season was extremely boring!

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Chris Medina's story had me teary-eyed, too. Such a sad story.

I'm loving Steven Tyler. He does seem like a nice person and he's sooo funny. I like Jennifer Lopez, too. I'm pleasantly surprised because I didn't think I would like either of them.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Chris Medina's story had me teary-eyed, too. Such a sad story.

I'm loving Steven Tyler. He does seem like a nice person and he's sooo funny. I like Jennifer Lopez, too. I'm pleasantly surprised because I didn't think I would like either of them.
I'm surprised too. I used to like Simon because I felt he really knows good from bad when it comes to music and wouldn't sugar coat anything. I don't really care for Hey Dawg and I hated Ellen since she was trying to be nice to everyone. But both Tyler and Lopez seem to be a kinder gentler Simon, but with an understanding of talent. My friend, who has the Maltese I pet sat before I got Tyler, is running her Idol Pool again. It's sooooo much fun trying to predict the exact order or people voted out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts