Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK-so I am a pretty big American Idol and Nashville Star fan...

I have watched them every season...probably because it is one of my dreams that won't ever come true...except I wanted to sing on the Grand Ole Opry Stage...so I REALLY like Nashville Star better!

So, just wondering what you have thought about the American Idol season so far? The contestants, the song choices, etc. What about the ones that have been kicked off? Who do you think will get kicked off tonight?

This is my opinion so far on American Idol...GIRLS: I REALLY thought the little Janay girl should have gone last week. I don't think she is gonna make it far...as far as the rest of the girls...some of them have more talent than others, but all of them are REALLY good. I think I am going to be disappointed sometime down the road because I really like the girls that are leading toward the country genre and most of America is not going to lead that direction!!!
Last night...the judges got onto Carrie Underwood (my fav so far) for getting AWAY from her country songs...and the song she sang WAS a country song!!!
And she was awesome! I didn't get it!
MEN: Lots of talent...some are better performers than singers...I wish they would lose the band and back-up singers so that we can actually hear THEM! The Nikko guy from St. Louis was AWESOME singing "Lets Get It On!"

I don't understand why they are just letting them pick their own songs this year...it is all so different. In the past they have had a different genre or era of music they had to sing each week, so that we could see their diversity. Why are they not doing that this year? Just my opinion, but I can't say those rocker guys are going to be all that diversified
. Anyway, I liked the different music and seeing how they approached it each time.

I don't know which two are going tonight...it makes me sad because I can't really choose! I like lots of them!

Nashville Star...
Last night was the first night...it was great! One girl was supposedly sick and ended up running off the stage...food poisoning+nerves they said...
Poor thing!
Anyway, it will be interesting too to see who makes it...

So, do ya'll think I am nuts?!
It's ok..it gives me something to talk about with my kids at school b/c lots of them watch it too...

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I'm an AI fan also...never heard of nashville star LOL...ne ways...there are some louisiana people im rooting for of course...but i think one is going home tonight

i dont think they do the genra thing until it gets down to the top 12. i do think the guys are more talented than the girls. i wish it wasnt a half guy/girl thing b/c i can see more of the guys in the top 12 than the girls. but thats my opinion. janay better go tonight..i just hope the other isnt Lindsay whom is from Louisiana. as far as the guys i'm attatched to Bo and Scott...i think constatine is going but i dont know who else

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My husband and I are Idol fans :D I think this season they are extending the semi-finals and that once the top 12 are in, they'll go to the formula we're waiting for: watching the contestants struggle with different genres. I am looking forward to it!

My take on this season: I think the guys are awesome, much better than the girls.

My faves so far (this will vary depending on performance, sometimes I start out not really liking someone and their gain my attention and respect--or sometimes someone I begin liking bombs out...although Fantasia was always my favorite last year):

Bo Brice is amazing. Constantine, too. And I really like Anthony Federov and Anwar Robinson.

As for the girls: I thought Mikalah Gordon was awesome last night. I really like Vonzell Solomon. I like Nadia Turner but didn't like her performance last night. I also like Kerri, Jessica, Amanda.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
We also watch AI. I have to say, though, that I am holding judgement until I see how the voting goes this year. Last year I was so ANGRY at the block voting for the teenagers that I quit watching. I emailed FOX several times and finally refused to participate any longer. I'm peeved that they haven't changed the voting to keep repeated calls from the same number from getting through. They are making enough money on this show to institute fairer voting procedures.

I know you probably didn't want to hear my rant, but there you have it. I love the two blond girls. They can really sing. In fact, I think the talent is awesome this year! I don't even know how I would choose. I also love the rockers.

I'm not familiar with the other show, but we are reality junkies - Survivor, Apprentice, The Great Race, Celebrity Mole, etc. The only ones that we don't like are bachelor and bachelorette - can't watch women allow themselves to be "chosen" by men.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anthony Federov is my favorite guy by all accounts...his voice is AWESOME to me...so rich and warm...I wish he would sing me to sleep at night..
I also like Anwar, Nikko, and Travis...I like Scott, but I wasn't crazy about his performance this week.
I really don't know which guy will go. I figure Constantine might...but Scott or Travis might too. I am torn, because I just remembered that I didn't like David Brown's performance much either..

As for the girls...their voices are ALL so different...there are things I like about most of them-except Janay and Mikalah....I wish they would go this week. The girls are really gonna tear me up worse than the men-because I hate to see most of them go.

Ya'll are probably right about finishing this way until they get to the top 12. That makes sense, I just hadn't heard them say that...

I liked Fantasia last year for the most part...I really liked Clay and Ruben too...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I thought Melinda was much better than Janay! I wasn't happy about that.
Lindsey's boring.
Celena--I like her and I hate her. I dont know why
Amanda--I can't get that "turn the beat around" out of my head!
Mikalah--I like her personality, but she reminds me too much of...is it Fran something from the Nanny? I think she's cute, but too much is annoying.

Amanda and Carrie are my favorites for now.

Boys:
Constantine--I liked his audition song, but I still cant brush off the fact that he ditched his band.
Travis Tucker--I don't care too much for even if he can dance

Nikko and Mario are my favorites for now.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Mar 2 2005, 08:19 PM
Mikalah--I like her personality, but she reminds me too much of...is it Fran something from the Nanny?  I think she's cute, but too much is annoying.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39401
[/QUOTE]

YEAH! That is who she reminds me of!!! She has a great personality...but I just don't think she is all that great of a singer...not a fan of her voice I guess...but I wasn't a fan of Fantasia's voice at the beginning last year either...her performances actually caused her to grow on me! She won me over last year when she sang "Summertime!" (I think that was the song it was...
now that I say that, I am not sure that was the one-but I'm pretty sure it was
...) Anyway, it was a great performance and it took my breath away....after that I was a fan!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
funny..she reminds me of mini driver!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
20 more minutes til it's on!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I like that they are not dragging out the announcement of who is leaving. It is kinder to the contestants this way, I think. I'm glad that Jessica and Carrie are safe.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:eek: I cannot BELIEVE that Aloha left before Janay!!!!
I was sad for Selena though...I liked her...not my fav...but I liked her...
I think that Randy and Paula really wanted Janay gone too!

More commentary after the men are announced!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Mar 2 2005, 09:18 PM
I like that they are not dragging out the announcement of who is leaving.  It is kinder to the contestants this way, I think.  I'm glad that Jessica and Carrie are safe.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39423
[/QUOTE]

I like that they are not making them sing either...I have always thought that was really sucky to do to them when they were upset!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A little bit of sour grapes about the air-time, but he IS right...the more times they get highlighted in the audition clips etc...the more votes they are gonna end up getting..the more people remember them.

I was really not surprised by David Brown-I thought he hit many bad notes...(pitchy as Randy likes to say!), but I was surprised a little bit by Joseph....

Oh well, off to next week!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Mar 2 2005, 08:33 PM
A little bit of sour grapes about the air-time, but he IS right...the more times they get highlighted in the audition clips etc...the more votes they are gonna end up getting..the more people remember them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39426
[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with that. As the competition goes on we'll get to know the contestants better and the air time won't be as big of a factor. Right now it probably is to some extent.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Mar 2 2005, 07:39 PM
We also watch AI.  I have to say, though, that I am holding judgement until I see how the voting goes this year.  Last year I was so ANGRY at the block voting for the teenagers that I quit watching.  I emailed FOX several times and finally refused to participate any longer.  I'm peeved that they haven't changed the voting to keep repeated calls from the same number from getting through.  They are making enough money on this show to institute fairer voting procedures.

I know you probably didn't want to hear my rant, but there you have it.  I love the two blond girls.  They can really sing.  In fact, I think the talent is awesome this year!  I don't even know how I would choose.  I also love the rockers.

I'm not familiar with the other show, but we are reality junkies - Survivor, Apprentice, The Great Race, Celebrity Mole, etc.  The only ones that we don't like are bachelor and bachelorette - can't watch women allow themselves to be "chosen" by men.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39395
[/QUOTE]

I missed this post of yours before...

I do agree with the voting procedures...it is WRONG!
That is why I am sure that some of my favs will be off before their time....I don't even start start voting myself until closer to the end...when I definetely determine a favorite...I think that if the voting was done differently last year, perhaps the outcome would have been different.
I really thought that with the complaints that Randy, Paula, and Simon put in, that things would change. They were REALLY shocked at some of the results last year...

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i think the voteing should be for who u want to go not stay. u can have a lot of favs but its easy to say who was the worst...at least until it gets down to like 3 ppl. but thats my opinion, im sure some would think this wouldnt work either

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Mar 2 2005, 09:19 PM
:eek: I cannot BELIEVE that Aloha left before Janay!!!!
exactly, yes i watch AI too, my wife has turned me into a girl

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Janay probably has a big family!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts