Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well...I watched the show tonight and I'm thinking it's either Scott or Anthony going home tomorrow. Bo is still my favorite...even when he's not singing his style of music, I find him entertaining to watch and he really seems to have fun and be very comfortable when he's performing. I dunno...maybe I'm having a flashback to 10 years ago when I used to date long-haired musicians....but I really like him.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Anthony was horrible!!! What an awful song for him.... Scott never smiles... he is such a downer... I don't like him anymore at all....

I really liked Constantine the best.... I loved the genre... Broadway... my favorite.... I also liked Carrie and Nadia tonight.....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Dang, I missed the first 3 singers. If I were on there, I'd have sung "On My Own" from Les Miserables. But then again, if I were on there, that show would have serious issues.
I think my favorite for the night is Anwar and Bo. I only saw a clip of constantine and it didnt sound bad. I thought Nikko's performance was bad. It sounded so messy.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Apr 5 2005, 09:24 PM
Dang, I missed the first 3 singers.  If I were on there, I'd have sung "On My Own" from Les Miserables.  But then again, if I were on there, that show would have serious issues.
I think my favorite for the night is Anwar and Bo.  I only saw a clip of constantine and it didnt sound bad.  I thought Nikko's performance was bad.  It sounded so messy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49460
[/QUOTE]

"On My Own" is a killer tune.... I wonder if any of them have the talent to do that one well....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Apr 5 2005, 09:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Apr 5 2005, 09:24 PM
Dang, I missed the first 3 singers.  If I were on there, I'd have sung "On My Own" from Les Miserables.  But then again, if I were on there, that show would have serious issues.
I think my favorite for the night is Anwar and Bo.  I only saw a clip of constantine and it didnt sound bad.  I thought Nikko's performance was bad.  It sounded so messy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49460
"On My Own" is a killer tune.... I wonder if any of them have the talent to do that one well....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49465
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have not watched it yet. I taped it. About to go do it now!!!

"On my Own" is one of my all time favorite broadway songs....I probably would have picked it too. Or maybe Grease or Oklahoma!
I love Broadway too- Can't wait to go watch it!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I've only watched Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables. Those other broadway shows dont seem like my type. I guess I like the more classy stuff. I like Les Mis the more. I will definitely watch them again whenever they come into town. Last time when PotO came everything sounded so muffled! I was so annoyed because I couldnt understand it and didnt enjoy it as much. But when I heard the CD, I was surprised how good it really was. Plus I cant stand when ppl are singing to the music so loudly I can hear them more then the actors!

I really cant imagine any of the girls singing "On My Own." I can only picture a younger, softer, more innocent, higher pitched voice singing it. I guess I'd hate it if one of them sung it. LOL But man, if one of them sung it and sung it well, they would have taken the spotlight from the rest of the contestants, no doubt.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Carrie!! I have liked her from the start. Vonzell is getting better.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Apr 5 2005, 11:21 PM
I really cant imagine any of the girls singing "On My Own."  I can only picture a younger, softer, more innocent, higher pitched voice singing it.  I guess I'd hate it if one of them sung it.  LOL  But man, if one of them sung it and sung it well, they would have taken the spotlight from the rest of the contestants, no doubt.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49518
[/QUOTE]

I think Carrie could have handled "On My Own". She has the range to start it out soft and belt it at the end, while keeping it controlled.
I also would have liked to have heard "Think of Me" from Phantom...but I don't know who to sing it...

I did watch it last night on a 20 year old VHS tape, so the sound warbled....
I really just don't "get" Scott. Carrie did great, but I actually agreed with Simon on the performance, it was a little old fashioned. It wouldn't have looked so much like that if the others hadn't don't more upbeat/current arrangements with the band. Hers sounded like it came straight out of that classic musical, where the others didn't to me.

In my opinion, Vonzell did AWESOME last night. She is SO gutsy! Last week Whitney, and she nailed it. This week, Barbra and she did AWESOME. I love the song "People" and I love Barbra Streisand. Vonzell might be creeping ahead of Carrie some for me.

I though Nadia redeemed herself from previous weeks. Her performance was flawless/classy-and the song totally fit her voice. All in all, I thought all of them did well. I just like some better than others depending on the week/song.
I am wondering if Scot will be gone after his news flash last week though. I don't think America will like a "wife-beater" much as an American Idol. That might have hurt him.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I didnt (and Havent) like Scott last night. He did good, but he is just not my cup of tea

I DO NOT LIKE CONSTANTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is soooooooooo cheesy and I hate the way he makes out with the camera, he seems so fake to me! He is not a rocker by any means, he is a faker and I wanna barf when he is making all those gross puppy dog faces into the camera. But, he will probably win because Im sure a lot of people think that is sexy.

I like VOnzell, and Carrie did great last night!

OH and I LOVE, L.O.V.E. Bo, I wish he was my baby's daddy

LOL!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I do not like Constantine, either!! I can't believe he hasn't been in the lower 3 yet!!

I really didn't like anyones choice of songs last night!

Carrie and Vonzell are definately my favorites!
There's something about Anwar I like! And Bo is great when he picks the right song! Nadia has a unique style but I'm not sure if it's enough to win.

I'm hoping Constantine (which he won't - obviously someone likes him out there)
or Scott will leave tonight.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Brit'sMom@Apr 6 2005, 11:03 AM
I didnt (and Havent) like Scott last night.  He did good, but he is just not my cup of tea

I DO NOT LIKE CONSTANTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He is soooooooooo cheesy and I hate the way he makes out with the camera, he seems so fake to me!  He is not a rocker by any means, he is a faker and I wanna barf when he is making all those gross puppy dog faces into the camera.  But, he will probably win because Im sure a lot of people think that is sexy.

I like VOnzell, and Carrie did great last night!

OH and I LOVE, L.O.V.E. Bo, I wish he was my baby's daddy

LOL!!!!!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49605
[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you!!!

The Sound of Music??? What was he thinking? HAHA. My guess is they couldn't get rights to Musicals like Grease, Rent, Hairspray. I love Broadway. I have been in plays/musicals since I was little. I'm trying out for American Idol next season! Maybe if I get Tini to sing with me I could find a niche!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I'm a little bummed. IMHO there were at least 2 guys that deserved to go before Niko. Darn it.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I'm so pissed! I LIKE NIKKO FAR better than Scott! I hated when he was voted off the first time too! I'd be happier even seeing Nadia go. Guess it was a bad choice of song.

And Vonzell was bottom 3!!!!???

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I really think last night was about the genre. MOST of America just isn't into broadway...especially the classic musicals. I don't think they could relate to the songs...even though they TRIED to make the arrangements more modern.

I really can't believe Vonzell made it to the bottom three. That is just unbelievable to me!
I was SO ready for Scot to go, and I thought Anthony would be with him...but, oh well. I think Fantasia made them all feel better when she told them everyone from last season had a record deal now, regardless.

Did they say what the genre for next week is?
If they did, I missed it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Apr 6 2005, 04:05 AM
I am wondering if Scot will be gone after his news flash last week though.  I don't think America will like a "wife-beater" much as an American Idol. That might have hurt him.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49553
[/QUOTE]

All right, I know I missed something here....what's that about Scott being a wife-beater? I don't like him; he seems so...sketchy (aside from me not liking his voice). Please fill me in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts