Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, what's the buzz on tonight's show....

I LOVED Constantine.... wow .... what a performance!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also loved Constantine. I was routing for him hoping he would do well, it turns out that I graduated from high school with Constantine's brother. I just found that out this week. I emailed him (his brother), and got a reply. The are all crazed right now and are inundated with phone calls from people like me who come out of the woodwork. He was very nice, though, and happy to hear from me. He was really the only one that stood out for me tonight.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I am not a fan of Const. but he did do a good job tonight. I think it'll be Nadia, Scott and Bo in the bottom 3. I didn't think Carrie did very well either. I happen to like Anthony...though I am not sure he'll make it to the final show.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
constantine all the way, him or carrie should win

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was curious about the comment Simon made about Constantine being astonishing. I don't know if it was sarcastic, as if he was surprised in a good way or in a bad way. What does anyone else think??

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm not a fan of Anthony, but I think he did a good job this evening. Vonzell was awesome.
I liked Carrie's performance, but Simon didn't. I really liked Bo's perfprmance... I am also in love with him.
Constantine was fabulous.
I too wondered if Simon was being sarcastic with his "astonishing" comment. I hope not. I hate the way Scott can NOT take any sort of criticism, and I hope he gets kicked off.
Anwar has a great voice, but I'm not a fan. Nadia is cool... her song wasn't very good this week however.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Constantine did great tonight. Carrie and Bo could have done better, but they are still my favorites. I think that Vonzell is doing better than Nadia. And Anthony, who I think is pretty weak, did very well tonight. Bottom 2 - Scott and Nadia. Don't know who will be in the bottom 3 but if someone has to go, I hope it's one of those two.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Karen@Apr 12 2005, 09:25 PM
I was curious about the comment Simon made about Constantine being astonishing.  I don't know if it was sarcastic, as if he was surprised in a good way or in a bad way.  What does anyone else think??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52076
[/QUOTE]

I think it was a backhanded compliment.... saying he was astonished at how well he performed.... better than expected... But hey... coming from Simon... that isn't too shabby!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Nadia: Strange song choice...not a great performance

Anthony: I still like him. I don't think he is the strongest...but I just LOVE the tone of his voice.

Carrie: I thought her performance was very bold. Def. not "boring"...I think she took a risk, changed her look and pulled it off. She has a very powerful voice. I somewhat felt she screamed parts of it, but it was kinda the song too.

Bo: I thought he did a great job on that song.

Constantine: Did great-I think he was SO into the song tonight that he DIDN'T worry about seducing the camera as much...which was nice!

Scott: Those low verses were HIDEOUS!
The choruses were great...but the rest was unbearable!

Vonzell: GREAT!

Anwar: I still like him, although, like Anthony, I don't think he will make the top three.

Did I forget anyone?
It has been a long day!

I also thought that Simon was being somewhat sarcastic towards Constantine...but who knows? His comments are mostly about attention and ratings in my opinion.

I think the bottom three will be Scott, Anthony, and Nadia...but there is usually one every week that surprises me...so we'll see.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Nadia--I missed her performance. Oh well. I am not a fan of hers. I heard a lil bit of her and she didnt compare to the others.

Anwar--I really liked his performance! I hope he doesnt go.

Bo--Now, I really love that song, but he really needs to sing a song that will show his voice! It justs doesnt seem STRONG enough. He should have picked a song like Constantine. He was pretty good.

Scott--Agree with Tlunn. The lows were bad. Did you see his baby pictures? He hadnt changed a bit! LOL

Anthony--I thought he did good.

Carrie--Simon's comment said it all. She's a great singer, but that's a "tough girl" song. LOL I can't imagine her being a bad girl.

Vonzell--Go figure she did great!

Scott and Nadia will be in the bottom 3. I have no idea who else. I just hope not Anwar.

Paula--she's totally getting on my nerves. LOL

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Apr 12 2005, 09:33 PM
Paula--she's totally getting on my nerves. LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52134
[/QUOTE]
Ok, seriously, who the heck claps with open hands like she does?
(I really hope nobody claps like that or I will feel like a total a**)!

I thought Constantine did a good job, but man did the cameras adjust and move and "catch" him all of the time...he makes me gag...when he is on, I can't even look at the TV because he makes me want to throw up. Yucky. Oh, and one day my bf was flipping through the channels, and he saw Constantine on a dating show. So he isn't new to the whole reality tv thing.

I like Bo...and I agree, Carrie somewhat screamed during her performance, and I wish she had approached the song a bit differently. But I like her overall and I like her new look.

~Elegant

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I thought Vonzell did an awesome job!
I liked Carrie's performance, but then again she's one of my favorites! Constantine did do a good job - I hate to even say that - I can't stand him!!!! Everyone, except for Nadia seemed to do a good job to me.

I hope Scott or Nadia goes. I like Nadia's "style" but she keeps choosing the wrong songs. 1977 was filled with great songs - What was she thinking?!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Apr 13 2005, 12:05 AM
I thought Constantine did a good job, but man did the cameras adjust and move and "catch" him all of the time...he makes me gag...when he is on, I can't even look at the TV because he makes me want to throw up.  Yucky.  Oh, and one day my bf was flipping through the channels, and he saw Constantine on a dating show.  So he isn't new to the whole reality tv thing.

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52139
[/QUOTE]

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! I feel the same way! When I see Constantine pouting and lusting all through the camera I literally want to HURL!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE HIM HE IS SO FRIGGN' ANNOYING!!!!!!!!! He reminds me of the afro guy on season one... what was his name, OH Justin Guarinni! Yep He is the Justin Guarinni of this season. A mediocre-to ugly looking guy hamming it up all in the camera. Mark my words, after this season is over and you look back at the DVD for this season you will sit there thinking "WHAT THE heck WAS I THINKING THIS GUY IS PATHETIC"... but don't feel bad I though Justin was...gulp... hot too. Yuck

Yep and Constinatine was on Elimidate, he is a total poser GO BO!!!!!!!! If a rocker must win its gotta be Bo!

Carrie did good, but I do agree with Simon she was like a kitten trying to be a tiger. Have you ever seen the singer of that song? SHe was TOTAL 80's GLAM ROCK! SHe was a badass in that video, Carrie was just 1/4 of the way there. VOnzell did really good, I didn't like her at first but she is doing so much better it is hard NOT to like her. Bo is my baby's daddy. Anwar is a GREAT singer but he looks like a little kid when he sings... I just don't care for him. SCott sucked, he was screaming the chorus parts, plus I don't like his attitude.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bottom 3 tonight i think will be as follows

Nadia
Scott
Carrie
with Nadia going

I love this show and simon is my favorite because he tells the truth
however i think he is picking on scott because of the way he looks
i think scott has a wonderful voice and is one of the top ones
Bo is terrific i love his song last night freebird
i thought they all did a great job

the next 3 weeks starting tonight my prediction is
this week- Nadia
next week- Scott
3rd week-toss up could be anthony

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I say kick off both Scott and Nadia. Let the couple go... PLEASE! Do you know why it is an hour tonight? I'm thinking it may be a bit long. I really think the final three are going to be and I hate to even say it... Vonzell, Carrie, and Constantine. As much as I can't stand him he has such a huge following there is no way he won't make it.
I think Bo just needs to work on his song choices, I like him so much better the Crazy-Eyes-Constantine.

IMO

·
Registered
240 Posts
My guess for the final 3 are Carrie, Bo and Constantine....a little bit country and a lotta rock 'n roll!!

I'm sure they're all going to get recording contracts regardless...but I really want Bo to win...I LOVE him!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Elegant@Apr 13 2005, 01:05 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52134

I thought Constantine did a good job, but man did the cameras adjust and move and "catch" him all of the time...~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52139
[/QUOTE]

I agree about the camera on Constantine... the way they back lit it and made his hair sort of "glow"... they were all over him... I love his singing though... but thought they did gave him an advantage with the way the camera was on him....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts