Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked Amy up this afternoon and she is quite alert although trying to remove her stitches.
I may have to get a collar for her.
I didn't see a vet, but I had a print put which showed that she had a blood test as promised before the operation and all was ok.
It states that they performed a skin tumour/cyst removal, and it has been sent away for testing--this will take a week. She has had an injection of Synulux and Rimadyl, and has to start tomorrow taking Synulux twice a day for 3 days, and half a tablet of Rimadyl for 4 days---this worries me as I've heard some bad reviews of Rimadyl.
I have to take her back on Friday for a checkup with a vet and in 10-14 days have her stitches removed.
The worst part now is waiting for the results.I want them but I'm also dreading hearing them.

I'd like to thank all of you for the support you've given me and Amy, it really does make a tremendous difference to know that people out there are thinking ofyou and knowing what you're going through. Thank you all so much.I'll keep you posted on her progress and her stitch removal skills!!
Susan

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Thanks for the update....I've been watching for it. The waiting begins and I really feel for you. Hang in there and hope that Amy will be in the majority that have benign tumors. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Thanks for the update on Amy

Well that is the first hurdle over and done with now the next is the waiting, but remember that we are all here for you and our thoughts and prayers are going yours and Amy's way for a good result

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I'm glad precious Amy is out of surgery and everything went well. I wouldn't worry about Rimadyl for the few days Amy will be on it.

Can you speak to your vet sometime today? I think often a doctor can tell by the look of a tumor if is "suspicious" or not. Of course, it won't be official until the biopsy comes back, but it may give you an idea.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I'm so glad she made it through surgery and is back home in your loving arms. I would definitely speak with the vet and see if he can tell you anything at all! I think the problem with Rimadyl is for long-term use.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I hope that poor little Amy will feel like herself very soon. You may want to try the baby onsies instead of a collar to keep her from her stitches. Many folks here used them during spays. Please keep us posted on how both of you are doing.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am so glad that Amy's surgery is behind you both. I sympathize with you having to wait on the report. That was the hardest part when Belle had her liver biopsy.
I used onsie's w/Belle as she had a fair size incision when was spayed w/the liver biopsy at same time. It worked really well. Keep us posted and know tht we are thinking and praying for you to receive a good report.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
I am so glad that she did well during her surgery. The blood test being in good order sounds promising. I agree with Kallie/Catcher's mom, I think the problem with Rimadyl is with long term use. I gave Sassy the liquid after her spay and she did fine with it. Although, I did try it again later on for something else and Sassy developed diarrhea. I think diarrhea is a common side effect. If that happens contact your vet. I know the waiting is rough, but try to keep positive thoughts. So far it all sounds promising.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After a wobbly night Amy had a good nights sleep and has had a good day. She's eating well, is leaving her stitches alone, but is impossible to stop jumping on and off the furniture.

She was a little so and so this morning having her tablets which I'd hidden in food---food went down no problem--out shot the tablets. In the end the sight of grilled steak(tablets inside) made her give in and down went steak and tablets
I phoned the surgery and they said that I could cut the tablets up into small pieces thank goodness.
She seems to be doing well--eating, tail up, had a bark, a little wander round the garden and wants to climb and jump on furniture!!! Her weight was the same as when she had dental work in January this year.
So we go for a check up on Friday and just wait for the results.
Again thank you for this fantastic support, you just can't believe how much it's helping me through this.
Susan

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'm glad things are going well. I remember when my first Maltese, Rosebud, had a full body biopsy.... they cut in to just about everything in there.... I remember waiting for the results and it was just torture. So, I can feel for ya. I hope she continues to heal nicely.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Thnaks for the update on Amy. I am keeping a postive attitude. I honestly believe that these rescues, the ones who had to wait so long to find their forever home, have a special guardian angel watching over them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Amy went for a checkup today at the vets. It appears that although I thought she had stopped licking her stitches she was doing it on the sly----and so she's been fitted with a collar much to her disgust.The area around her stitches look on the red side. I'll see about fitting her with a babygrow tomorrow. Her results should be here by Wednesday.
Otherwise she is eating very well and happy.
Susan

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Originally posted by Amymalteser@Nov 4 2005, 01:03 PM
Amy went for a checkup today at the vets. It appears that although I thought she had stopped licking her stitches she was doing it on the sly----and so she's been fitted with a collar much to her disgust.The area around her stitches look on the red side. I'll see about fitting her with a babygrow tomorrow. Her results should be here by Wednesday.
Susan
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116602
[/QUOTE]
Happy to hear the surgery went well. Hope the stitches heal better with the addition of her collar. keep us posted on her progress.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Originally posted by Fach+Nov 4 2005, 01:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Amymalteser
@Nov 4 2005, 01:03 PM
Susan
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116602
Happy to hear the surgery went well. Hope the stitches heal better with the addition of her collar. keep us posted on her progress.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116606
[/B][/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. Hang in there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts