Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked Amy up this afternoon and she is quite alert although trying to remove her stitches.
I may have to get a collar for her.
I didn't see a vet, but I had a print put which showed that she had a blood test as promised before the operation and all was ok.
It states that they performed a skin tumour/cyst removal, and it has been sent away for testing--this will take a week. She has had an injection of Synulux and Rimadyl, and has to start tomorrow taking Synulux twice a day for 3 days, and half a tablet of Rimadyl for 4 days---this worries me as I've heard some bad reviews of Rimadyl.
I have to take her back on Friday for a checkup with a vet and in 10-14 days have her stitches removed.
The worst part now is waiting for the results.I want them but I'm also dreading hearing them.

I'd like to thank all of you for the support you've given me and Amy, it really does make a tremendous difference to know that people out there are thinking ofyou and knowing what you're going through. Thank you all so much.I'll keep you posted on her progress and her stitch removal skills!!
Susan

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After a wobbly night Amy had a good nights sleep and has had a good day. She's eating well, is leaving her stitches alone, but is impossible to stop jumping on and off the furniture.

She was a little so and so this morning having her tablets which I'd hidden in food---food went down no problem--out shot the tablets. In the end the sight of grilled steak(tablets inside) made her give in and down went steak and tablets
I phoned the surgery and they said that I could cut the tablets up into small pieces thank goodness.
She seems to be doing well--eating, tail up, had a bark, a little wander round the garden and wants to climb and jump on furniture!!! Her weight was the same as when she had dental work in January this year.
So we go for a check up on Friday and just wait for the results.
Again thank you for this fantastic support, you just can't believe how much it's helping me through this.
Susan

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Amy went for a checkup today at the vets. It appears that although I thought she had stopped licking her stitches she was doing it on the sly----and so she's been fitted with a collar much to her disgust.The area around her stitches look on the red side. I'll see about fitting her with a babygrow tomorrow. Her results should be here by Wednesday.
Otherwise she is eating very well and happy.
Susan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.