Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend suggested this food, she said she uses them for her cats...she lost a few at substantially young ages. She blames it on poor quality cat food and bad health developed from it.

This is the food link, anyone else try it?

http://www.healthfoodforpets.com/dogfood.htm

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Angelsmom@Nov 18 2005, 10:34 PM
Sounds very much like what I am now using and it is called Holistic Blend.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=121086
[/QUOTE]

What are you using? Do you get it mail order? That is the only thing I am not crazy about with this food. it's mail order only.

Good tips on what nutrition to look for and what to avoid, though.

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just read a breeder's advice on feeding dogs. She wrote, any food containing more than 8 incredients will have you picking up alot more dog poop and will need to feed more often. She also stated, adding some canned pumkin when you change their food will keep their stool firm.

Also, our toys need more nutrition than bigger dogs.

Finding a dog food with 8 or less incredients is going to be hard. She wrote some of the Cosco food brands are pretty good.???

Both the foods I am feeding him have more than 8 ingredients.

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The brands that the breeder mentioned at Coscos were Eagle pack, Kirkland and another I can't remember.

I wouldn't feel comfortable buying his food at cosco, either.

I tried to look for canned pumkin, yesterday, with no luck. They don't sell it in supermarkets??? I only saw pie filling which I know is not the stuff to get.

I found two places in my area that sell Innova. I think I will switch to that eventually. Or just add it little by little. I have about 50 pounds of food right now.

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where is everyone getting the canned pumkin? I checked the canned vegi section at the supermarket with no luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.