Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know Miss Dixie has had one bout after another over the years with anal sac infections. This past time was so bad that she wouldn't eat or drink and had to get fluids from the vet for dehydration. This time the vet cultured the infection and we find that the bacteria is resistant to all antibiotics except two. Dixie has never had either one. This is good news to me. Hopefully she will run her course of meds and maybe, just maybe, we will be finished with this ailment forever. We were so close to anal gland removal surgery. My last resort. I wanted to post this outcome just in case there are others with problems and the culture test has not yet been considered or done.

Michelle,
So good to see you while you were in my area. Your fur kids are adorable! I'll download the pics and send them to you soon!!

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I'm so sorry Miss Dixie has had such a tough time with this, but I'm glad you were able to pinpoint the type of infection. I hope this round of meds will finally clear this up for her. :prayer: :grouphug: :prayer:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
:chili::chili::dothewave::sHa_banana::sHa_banana::wavetowel2::wavetowel2::cheer::cheer::Flowers 2:I'm so glad to hear she's going to avoid that surgery so far...looking good.Me and all my fluffs were crossing our fingers! I'm so glad,I can't tell you.I was going to call to check on her.
I loved meeting you and your fluffs. Hopefully we can get down again in November,it'll be much nicer and Dixie will be feeling so much better.
Have a wonderful 4th,and best wishes to your daughter.
Hugs for all,Michelle,Al and the fluffs!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the well wishes!! Dixie will feel so special :) I will keep you posted. Planning another culture after 10 days of new meds.

Happy 4th everyone!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Message for Fach

I know this is off the subject but I can't help notice the adorable clip or ribbon you have in your Maltese's hair. I am too in Florida, where did you find this? I have a hard time with keeping anything in my Maltese's hair because it usually falls out or she shakes it lose. :tender:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts