Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited!! :chili::chili:

Bonnie Palmer already has my deposit and I've been buying all kinds of puppy stuff, but I still feel so unprepared!! I'm getting a little boy in January!! :wub: It feels too good to be true! :blush:

I just want to say :ThankYou:to all of you for helping me so much! I know that I wouldn't be feeling this way without you guys. If anyone has any first time maltese owner advice or must haves, please share!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why January? Is your little boy not born yet? This is very exciting for you I am sure!
I'm moving to a different city and bigger apartment in the middle of December. I didn't want to stress my puppy out too much by completely changing his environment. :blush: I may be a little crazy, but I would've felt bad.

He hasn't been born yet.. :blush: and I completely can not wait until he is and I get baby pictures! :D

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Wow! I don't think I'd be able to wait that long! :) How does she know she'll have a boy ready for you in January?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! I don't think I'd be able to wait that long! :) How does she know she'll have a boy ready for you in January?
The wait is so hard! but it'll be sooo worth it! :wub:

I don't know... lol but she has me feeling pretty confident about it! She must have the perfect litter planned to be ready to go in January. :blush:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations! Just one question, what if the litter only has girls? Would you get a little girl instead? Are you set on a boy?
Thanks!! :blush:

Oh my... I'm going to have to say I'd wait for the next litter... I REALLY have my heart set on a little boy.. :wub:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I'm moving to a different city and bigger apartment in the middle of December. I didn't want to stress my puppy out too much by completely changing his environment. :blush: I may be a little crazy, but I would've felt bad.

He hasn't been born yet.. :blush: and I completely can not wait until he is and I get baby pictures! :D
I don't think your crazy - I think that is a very smart and mature decision. Training can be hard enough without upsetting an established routine and structure so early.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Rocco is from Bonnie and is all boy. You will love your little fellow. Did she tell you who the planned sire and dam will be?

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Woah! Now that's a wait!!! January......wow....that's a long time from now......:w00t:.......bet you hope times flies....

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think your crazy - I think that is a very smart and mature decision. Training can be hard enough without upsetting an established routine and structure so early.
Yay! I'm glad that I did make a good decision to wait a little bit longer. Thanks for not thinking I'm crazy and backing me up..

A lot of my friends think I'm crazy for putting so much thought into my puppy.. They've said, "it's not like you're having a baby, it's not that big a deal".. but he is going to be my baby, and I only want what's going to be best for him.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Wow! Congrats!! January is a long time, but I can tell you I've noticed that ALOT of puppies get brought home in January of last year!!

I love Bonnie's babies, and I know you will too!!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woah! Now that's a wait!!! January......wow....that's a long time from now......:w00t:.......bet you hope times flies....
Yea, I know.. forever right?! :blush: I'm definately hoping that time flies.. and I'm sure it will. I still have so much to do so that I'll be ready for the lil guy!

Congratulations!!!! You must be over the moon (and have really good patience lol)!
Thanks! and I feel like I'm in a dream!
Patience is a virtue! ;) I've never really had it before.. I must have been saving it up for my puppy! :w00t:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! Congrats!! January is a long time, but I can tell you I've noticed that ALOT of puppies get brought home in January of last year!!

I love Bonnie's babies, and I know you will too!!
Thanks! Maybe she'll have two litters planned for then? lol We can only hope. :) With my luck, she would have a litter of all girls! :(

I can't wait to have my own Angel and be able to fully understand how sweet they are. I know everyone always talks about their sweetness, but I'll be living it instead of just reading about it! :chili:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Thanks!! :blush:

Oh my... I'm going to have to say I'd wait for the next litter... I REALLY have my heart set on a little boy.. :wub:
I had a long wait too, but it was so worth it!! Funny thing ... I too wanted a boy, but the breeder I chose had only been having girls the last year. I was willing to wait if I had to for other litters.

I about fell over when Pearl gave birth to 2 boys and then Stella also had boys. And because I was first in line for a boy, I got first pic!! :aktion033:

HUGz and good luck!!! Jules

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I think it's wonderful you're thinking of the pup's wellbeing instead of your desire for that pup. January will be here before you know it. :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a long wait too, but it was so worth it!! Funny thing ... I too wanted a boy, but the breeder I chose had only been having girls the last year. I was willing to wait if I had to for other litters.

I about fell over when Pearl gave birth to 2 boys and then Stella also had boys. And because I was first in line for a boy, I got first pic!! :aktion033:

HUGz and good luck!!! Jules
lol That would be just my luck! First pick might be worth it though! :huh: hmm.. Must have been nice to have such a selection of boys! Wowwie!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts