Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the use of antibiotics to clear tear stains is a hot debate on here, but after using the Angel's Glow for less than two weeks, I am a believer in it. It is THE ONLY thing I have ever tried that actually did the trick.

The before and after pictures are of 12 days of use. I have attempted to trim the majority of the stained hair off, and after giving him a bath tomorrow, hope to get the rest. The hair and skin beneath is coming back sparkling white. I am absolutely amazed at the difference.

I am now a walking advertisement for the product!

12 days later....

[attachment=1102:attachment]

[attachment=1101:attachment]

[attachment=1100:attachment]

I know it is a "cosmetic" thing...but it is really nice to see him the way he was intended to look! His "cuteness" value (which was already high!) greatly increased.
I am so glad I won't have to answer "bleeding eye" questions anymore!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Wow...have you sent them a photo of his before and after? I think Msloke did and hers was posted on their website. And I recall they sent her a free jar too. I am of the thinking that tear stains are kind of like athlete's foot. That constant moisture has to make the bridge of their nose fairly itchy and irritated.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Wow...I truly think that THAT IS THE ONLY thing that really works. I want to buy it for Chulita but being just 4 months old and still teething I figured I wait a little longer.

He's adorable

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wow!! Great pictures!!! I have to stop being so lazy and get Katie on this stuff... The jar is just sitting in my kitchen waiting to be used.... I need to make myself a big sticky note to use it tonight!
Jess

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Wow...there really is a big difference. But truthfully....I love Brink either way. He's adorable.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
That is amazing! Where did you get it? I may be using it soon as well.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow! Nice to have a testimonial we can trust! Thanks for posting pictures too!

What is the active ingredient in the Angel's Glow? I looked at their website but I am either blind or it doesn't say.
:eek:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by mpd@Nov 22 2005, 04:08 AM
Wow!  Nice to have a testimonial we can trust! Thanks for posting pictures too!

What is the active ingredient in the Angel's Glow?  I looked at their website but I am either blind or it doesn't say. 
  :eek:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122122
[/QUOTE]

The active ingredient is Tylosin (an antibiotic). I am quite sure it is the same or close to the same as Tylan. I had a hard time finding the ingredients. It is on the FAQ page I think.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Why are they suppose to ALWAYS take it? When we take antibiotics when we're sick, we would take it for a certain amount of time, then we get well and stop taking the antiobiotics. How come our furkids have to take it forever? The antibiotic is suppose to eliminate the red yeast, right?

Did I make any sense? It's 6:15 am right now.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 22 2005, 07:14 AM
Why are they suppose to ALWAYS take it? When we take antibiotics when we're sick, we would take it for a certain amount of time, then we get well and stop taking the antiobiotics.  How come our furkids have to take it forever?    The antibiotic is suppose to eliminate the red yeast, right? 

Did I make any sense?  It's 6:15 am right now.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122148
[/QUOTE]

It is supposed eliminate the red yeast and the bacteria that is growing there.
I am assuming they say give it forever for two reasons...
1) To keep a constant amount in their system to keep the staining from returning
2) So they can make money

Anyway, mine will not be on it forever. We are going to finish this bottle. I have already tapered his amount off, but it is almost gone. I got the smaller bottle and it really only would have lasted 2-3 weeks at his normal dosage. After it started to work, I tapered off the amount I gave him. I am hoping to get my free bottle to keep on hand and use it as I need it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts