OMG! how can they do that??!!!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Ugh....that's just disgusting......

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
and whats really sad is that they are voting his way! how can ppl be so stuck up.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
I went to the forum and read the poll thread. It says that if they allow other/mixed breeds then the MO only name will have to go. I wonder what is really going on?

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Sorry ladies but that was the intent of the forum from the start, read the quote below from the entry page of the forum.........

"........The tone of this forum is that of congenial and scholarly discussions about purebreed Maltese dogs.............."

In other words............THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SNOBS!!!!!!!!! You are just now realizing it!

Sorry, I could not resist that. WHY do you guys keep going back there?? The majority of posters on the sight are have a "we are better than you" attitude" and do not live in the real world. Like the rest of you I keep going over there (MORBID FASCINATION???) thinking, "it can't be as bad as all that CAN IT??"

YUP!!!!!!!!! IT IS!!!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!! We should all vow TODAY !!!!!!!! Stay off the sight!!! As long as you keep going there you are doing MO a favor, even if you don't post on the sight by simply reading the posts you are adding to the numbers and boosting the numbers.

Many people here chose to cross post and that is certainly their decision but if you really feel strongly, and I know that many of you do, YOU SHOULD BOYCOTT MO COMPETELY No matter how strong the temptation, JUST DON'T GO THERE.

When sponser look at sights they look at numbers, "hits" (maybe somone else can explain it better) so every time you go to MO you add to the numbers or popularity of the site. The best way to show that you object to something is to stop patronizing it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I remember when I was going to join MO, I really was one of those people that did read the terms of service
I read that it was a board to discuss only pure breed Maltese
I was then surprised when I started seeing posts about other breeds, because of all the post approval and all. Not because I cared , just because of how strict the rules were when I read them and how posts were waiting approval and or being deleted all the time.
I read the poll post and see how that would basically ban hundreds of members
I wonder how acurate the poll really is
I also figure Joe will be very happy, as the membership here should go up once those that get banned find us here
We will be able to make a lot of new friends and make them feel welcome here. They will be able to see how posts do not need to wait approval, people can be helpful and not hurtful and how much more help and info there is out there that they have been missing

·
Registered
219 Posts
They just don't shock me at all

If yours is a Malty of questionable ancestry like mine...consider this your chance to dry up....and get off the bad stuff.....lol

My girl may not have formal papers, she may have a home made hair coiff, She may not be the show dog of the year, and she may not have a fancy call name..

BUT-----she has an advantage-her mommy comes here for friends and info-not psycholand.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Personally I am wondering just how long it will be now for that site to completely collapse in a pile of rubble. Talk about self destructive, that guy takes the cake and I am wondering who his shrink is because obviously his treatment is not working, the guy is an absolute freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh come now ladies....is it so bad that Jay and all of his multiple personalities want a little private forum time to themselves? By the time he finishes banning, censoring and basically driving all the REAL human beings away, he will be the only one left. I'm sure some of his alternate personalities won't make the cut either.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Originally posted by Pippinsmom@Oct 15 2005, 07:05 AM
Oh come now ladies....is it so bad that Jay and all of his multiple personalities want a little private forum time to themselves?  By the time he finishes banning, censoring and basically driving all the REAL human beings away, he will be the only one left.  I'm sure some of his alternate personalities won't make the cut either. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109929
[/QUOTE]

He (and all his personalities) are such LOSERS!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Ok dont shoot me, but I had to go read it. What I got out of it is that he wants to know if he should include *all* breeds or not, including mixed breeds etc. Meaning yorkies, and lets say yorkie-pom mix etc... I dont think he means to eliminate maltese mixes that are there. I could be wrong but thats what I got out of it. After all, the idea of the website originally was to get info about maltese, wasn't it? So to make it an all dog website would be completely changing his original intent, and "maltese only" would be no more...

I dont go there except for when someone points me to it from here, but maybe there has been alot of new activity from folks with other breeds and he doesn't know how to handle it?

I dont know how he'd enforce it anyway. If I am right in my interpretation, then I would vote yes to the question, meaning maltese (or maltese mixes). Otherwise it becomes a dog forum.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
That is just so typically Jay. Of course, the poll is totally bogus and we know how the results will turn out, don't we!

The neat thing about SM is that we have several forums within one. So if there was someone who wanted to only read about Maltese, they could easily do so by sticking only to the Maltese-related forum categories.

I agree with everyone who says to stay away from MO because by posting or just lurking we are, in fact, supporting his site; and I don't think many, if any, of us want to do that!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry@Oct 15 2005, 09:49 AM
Ok dont shoot me, but I had to go read it.  What I got out of it is that he wants to know if he should include *all* breeds or not, including mixed breeds etc.  Meaning yorkies, and lets say yorkie-pom mix etc...  I dont think he means to eliminate maltese mixes that are there.  I could be wrong but thats what I got out of it.  After all, the idea of the website originally was to get info about maltese, wasn't it?   So to make it an all dog website would be completely changing his original intent, and "maltese only" would be no more... 

I dont go there except for when someone points me to it from here, but maybe there has been alot of new activity from folks with other breeds and he doesn't know how to handle it?

I dont know how he'd enforce it anyway.  If I am right in my interpretation, then I would vote yes to the question, meaning maltese (or maltese mixes).  Otherwise it becomes a dog forum.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109939
[/QUOTE]

I went to see also....

When I read the poll verbiage I was thinking that he was making it an all or none proposition and left no room for Malt mixes... that it was all Malt or nothing. It says: "purebreed Maltese only" (I think he meant purebred), which I don't believe would include mixes. That was my interpretation.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts