1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by angel@Jul 6 2005, 08:06 PM
Wow, 4,500 dollars!  Thats alot, but if youre willing.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78792
[/QUOTE]

Just curious, where did you find this price?

If the pup was a good show prospect, expected to go in the ring and complete a championship, then that is within the range one would expect to pay. However, if it's just a young pup, it's overpriced.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+Jul 6 2005, 08:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-angel
@Jul 6 2005, 08:06 PM
Wow, 4,500 dollars!  Thats alot, but if youre willing.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78792
Just curious, where did you find this price?

If the pup was a good show prospect, expected to go in the ring and complete a championship, then that is within the range one would expect to pay. However, if it's just a young pup, it's overpriced.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78802
[/B][/QUOTE]
It wasnt a show prospect I know that, I think it was just a pet puppy

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
According to the website there is a male still available for $2500. That is a lot for a male in this area. The females are all sold. One was $3500 and the other two were $4500. Again that is a lot. Most of the AMA breeders in the midwest sell their pet quality females for $2000-$2500.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jul 6 2005, 09:25 PM
According to the website there is a male still available for $2500.  That is a lot for a male in this area.  The females are all sold.  One was $3500 and the other two were $4500.  Again that is a lot.  Most of the AMA breeders in the midwest sell their pet quality females for $2000-$2500.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78831
[/QUOTE]

I clicked on the pictures and found the information. Just a little slow tonight, folks. The pups are cute, but I think the price is pretty high. I couldn't find anything about pedigrees or her adults. Did I miss something here too? Maybe I should rethink what I sell my champion sired pet pups for. No wonder some people make money and it costs me money to have a litter

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+Jul 6 2005, 09:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Jul 6 2005, 09:25 PM
According to the website there is a male still available for $2500.  That is a lot for a male in this area.  The females are all sold.  One was $3500 and the other two were $4500.  Again that is a lot.  Most of the AMA breeders in the midwest sell their pet quality females for $2000-$2500.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78831
I clicked on the pictures and found the information. Just a little slow tonight, folks. The pups are cute, but I think the price is pretty high. I couldn't find anything about pedigrees or her adults. Did I miss something here too? Maybe I should rethink what I sell my champion sired pet pups for. No wonder some people make money and it costs me money to have a litter

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78849
[/B][/QUOTE]
It does say "Champion Bloodlines", so that could just mean that somewhere along the line (grandparent, or great-grandparent) there was a champion. Just going on what I see I think she could do better and cheaper. That is a lot of money for a none champion sired puppy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh thanks for all your feedback. I'm going to try and tell my friend to keep looking. I really thought the prices she was being quoted were crazy high, a lot more than we paid for our pups that's for sure!! Especially since I don't think she really cares about champion bloodlines etc..she just wants a puppy to love!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by dooly@Jul 7 2005, 06:12 AM
Oh thanks for all your feedback.  I'm going to try and tell my friend to keep looking.  I really thought the prices she was being quoted were crazy high, a lot more than we paid for our pups that's for sure!!  Especially since I don't think she really cares about champion bloodlines etc..she just wants a puppy to love!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78924
[/QUOTE]
Is she from the midwest? If so where? I have a whole binder full of breeder's I've talked to. I might be able to help her. I mainly stuck to Iowa, Illinious, Wisconsin, Nebreska, Missouri, & Minnesota. Also have her check out the breeder list on the American Maltese Association's website. If she can afford the Ann Medlock's prices she can afford the show breeder prices.

Here is a list of questions to ask and things to look for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts