Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I've gotten email from my daughter (in London) that she is fine. Just as an aside: she said that the 2 minutes of silence last week to mark the 1 wk anniv. of the bombings was the most moving experience of her life.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Jul 21 2005, 08:36 AM
I've gotten email from my daughter (in London) that she is fine.  Just as an aside:  she said that the 2 minutes of silence last week to mark the 1 wk anniv. of the bombings was the most moving experience of her life.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83287
[/QUOTE]
OMG! I forgot that she was over there. Glad to hear she is ok.

They are now saying they weren't really bombs, they are calling them devices. The were sacks that "exploded" but there was just smoke and enough force to push out the windows on the bus.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I just spoke with Megan by phone. (thank goodness for the Blackberry!) She had ridden the underground to Harrods and had gotten off and seen all of my messages. She is totally freaked out. She called her Program Director who told her that they had told all students at the college to stay in the dorms. He told her to stay where she was and when things had died down she should just take a cab back to the college. So I guess she was on the underground when the whole thing occurred. Its pretty scary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts