Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Brinkley was playing with his "golf" ball...it is one of those platic kind with the holes in it...he LOVES them...
anyway...in the midst of playing with it...the ball rolls over by our almost 20 pound cat "Little -bit"
who is laying in the doorway while I am getting ready in the bathroom. The ball rolls over between her belly and her back leg...I watched Brinkley's "wheels turn" as he decided how he was going to get his ball back without getting too close to the cat (who has claws)
...He paced back and forth a few times...then finally plopped down on the other side of doorway.
He would look at me...look at the ball...lay his head down...look at me...look at the ball...lay his head down...
he KNEW that if he went for the ball, he took a chance of getting the claws. I finally saw him "huff" and lay his head on his pays to keep an eye on the ball.
Before long...something made Littles get up...and Brinkley POUNCED on the ball so fast!!!!
He was back in action again. He layed there the whole time I was blow-drying my hair and putting on my make-up...probably 10 minutes or more. I probably should have gotten his ball for him..but the show was too funny.
He is SO entertaining...especially having the combo of him and the cats and kids!! There is always something cute/funny going on around here!

·
Registered
260 Posts
That must have been very entertaining.

Mystify: Love the pic of "Tuffy Bond"...soooo cute.
And the doggie dish...gee...I am going to have to rush out and get one for
Sassi. :D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
awww, thats soo sad!!!! lol. ellie is the only one that goes crazy with the balls, and if it goes near sprite---sprite doesnt care....and if goes near gruffi--ellie just goes for it!! lol. he's scared of ellie.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Cats and Maltese are a great combination, aren't they? Lady has never really been around other dogs much, but she's always been with cats. I have 2 Siamese and if you don't know Siamese, well, they are exactly like they are portrayed in Lady & the Tramp. MAJOR superiority complex over all other living creatures (including other non-Siamese cats). Lady is the lowliest member of the pack.

Since Lady is diabetic, she gets insulin shots twice a day plus I am always sticking her to test her blood sugar. For this she gets a treat, like a piece of chicken breast which I put on the arm of the chair until we are finished. Lady has to endure ariel attacks, sneaking paws from the floor, all attempts to steal her treat! If she's on my lap, they'll pile on top of her. Poor thing, she gets no respect. It's sad because she loves her cats and has no idea that they are laughing at her behind her back.

I had her new hot pink "Princess" shirt on her the other day and Lily was actually a little afraid of her! She sat up on a chair and just watched as Lady pranced around so thrilled with her self (I make a really big deal about how cute she is!) and Lily just looked at her as if to say, "Have you looked in a mirror and seen just how ridiculous you look?"

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Gizmosmom@Oct 28 2004, 10:39 AM
Gizmo also loves those plastic golf balls with the holes in.  He's lost his though and I'm not really sure where to get more.  Anyone know?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13686
[/QUOTE]

I got ours in the sporting goods section of Walmart I think...we need more also...that will entertain him for a LONG time....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Snertsmom@Oct 27 2004, 11:22 PM
Mystify: Love the pic of "Tuffy Bond"...soooo cute.
And the doggie dish...gee...I am going to have to rush out and get one for
Sassi.  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13579
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! And that dish is just a regular martini glass.. just a prop for the pics.. But how cool would a real dog dish be!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
ping pong balls are the best!!! ellie loves them!!! we just taught gruffi to leave it. its a little hard because i'm sure he thinks it looks like fun. lol. poor gruffi. but definitely ping pong balls are great!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brinkley can't have regular ping pong balls...he chews them up and the plastic makes me nervous...the golf kind with the holes are much thicker and stronger...he can't chew them up....YET!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts