Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Maxi was a little baby for about a month after i got him every night and a certain time he would just bite me for about 30 minutes so i bought the bitter apple spray ( which didnt really help) but eventually he stopped
well now at 10 months he has been doing this again it comes from left field all of a sudden when we get ready for bed as he is on my schedule with sleeping i have his toys on the bed and he is playing with them he starts to bite ( not hard) but last night i said to him
" ok young man thats it off the bed if you are going to bite me" and he starts to bark back at me as if he knows what i am saying i said thats it maxi this biting has to stop so he starts to lick me and i said ok mommy loves you you are a good boy, within a second he starts the biting again so i said thats it i go to pick him up to put him on the floor and he curls his body up so i cant pick him up lol i felt like i was delaing with the terrible 2 toddler and he is really using all his strength so i dont move him
so i say "ok well are you going to be a good boy" and he licks me again
so i go back to what i am doing and again he bites me so i picked him up put him on the floor and said do not come on this bed
he runs around to his chair which he uses to come on teh bed ups back up to me and starts barking at me like he is mad
i ignored him and he stopped and he was a good boy the rest of the night
but i was really amazed at the fact that i felt like i was dealing with a human.gotta love these babies

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats really cute. i actually talk to all three of them. knowing now that they can be as intelligent as a 3 yr old...i expect more from them. i yell at gruffi like "stop bothering the girls" or i tell ellie "stop bothering gruffi, he's tired". and then when gruffi is bad, i grab his little face and i tell him to go 'night night'. and then he walks around and goes under the couch. its really cute. and now my mom says that when she gets upset, she'll put her hand up to her forehead and sigh really loud---all the dogs will stop barking and lay down because they know that they cant bother her anymore. they're so smart.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
That is really cute. I totatlly agree Caesar is like a real baby/kid. He will tease us, but then be affectionate...its really cute. He also knows names, (Mommy, Daddy, Max (his westie buddy), and Haylee (his cat sister)). We can tell him to give a kiss to one of these 4 and he is able to understand which one we said to give the kiss to. Sometimes though when we lay in bed my husband and I will play this kiss game with Caesar and have him go between us but after a little bit he will start to tease me and just look at me when we say "give mommy a kiss" and then kiss his daddy. Its pretty funny...he is a character!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know its really ironic how if you put alot of love and effort into these babies you can humanize them in away. Right now im looking into this new place that just opened up in ardsley new york called
buddysbarkinglot.com its a doggy day care and they take them on hikes
they do activities with them and so on , on saturday after i get back from getting my hair cut we have an appt...The thing that attracted me to this place ( so Far) is they have different groups so maxi would be with other babies his age and size, he would not be caged they do not do that
and he would have other babies to play with...I will try it once a week if i am comfortable with what i see

Another cute thing he does is i will scream out to him "Grandma's on the phone" and he comes runnng and he puts his ear to the phone and listens and my mom will talk to him and he licks the ear part of the receiver
i mean to me thats smart

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
maxismom, the phone thing is ADORABLE!!! i was thinking of going to this 'themepark' in san diego--wild animal park. anyway, they dont allow dogs, san diego is 4 hrs away, so i decided to just make it a day of me and the dogs. so were going to wake up early (before the mall opens) because thats when the dogs are allowed to get the pictures done, and then go to color me mine so then we can paint pottery and put their paw prints on it, and then go to BJs to have lunch because they allow dogs in the patio area!
im so excited.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LoveMaltese6820@Aug 5 2004, 06:25 PM
That's too cute! :D

If I'm away for Casper for anymore than 2 hours I have to call and leave a message on the answering machine for him. Lol!
That is really funny! :lol:
I would like to be a fly on the wall when you do it to see what he does! LOL

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
DoctorCathy,

Your day out with the "kids" sounds so fun. My question is, how do you put their prints on the pottery? Do you dip or paint them with the paint and does it wash off their paws? That sounds like such a cute gift idea for my granddaughter (who gave me Pico when he was 5 months old).

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
how sad for wally!! cynthia and i will call home every now and then from work and tell my mom to put the phone up to their ears. they'll lick the phone and cock their head side to side.
on ebay, you can buy this camera for like $50 for your comptuer, then there's a website where you can do live feed (i remember it was free a couple of years ago, but maybe its not anymore), anyway, you could watch your dog. this site even had it so that you needed a password just to watch your camera. and if there's users watching your live feed---its just your dog, so you dont have to worry about perverts. lol.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh wow dr cathy that sounds like fun with the camera i would love to see what little maxi does when im not home
he has been very naughty lately , he seems mad at me !
every night there is a struggle with him ...Well hopefully on saturday i like this new doggy day care place and i will send him once or twice a week along with the dog walker he should be ok
i think part of the problem is Maxi really does like to be outside he could stay outside all day if it were up to him and i work ..i try and make as many arrangements for him as possible... My key to my house i think the whole world has at this point because i have different people coming ( all friends) to visit him, i have so much guilt all day that on weekends i have limited myself to doing so many things i use to do , so i can spend time with him... I like i said treat him like a real human baby because i do not have children and this is my child! I enjoy when i see him happy and i also can tell when he is sad and lately i think he is bored
i do the best i can i think i may have to get him a sister or brother
what do you guys think

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Yeah, a friend might help.
he wont be so lonely. are you thinking another puppy? or an adult dog? i was thinking for a while that i wanted a bernese mountain dog.....but with how many times gruffi has been clumsy with the girls--i dont want a bigger dog to be clumsy! lol.

nicole---glamourdog made an avatar for me.

http://www.spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index....t=ST&f=12&t=654

you have one too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts