Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, time for new mascara. Any recommendations? I want one that is going to make my lashes look thick and long. Also it needs to come in brown or black/brown.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
You know, I still stick by the cheapo kind from the drugstore. All others that I have tried really irritated my eyes. And the department store brands just didn't seem to do much to justify the price. (I'm VERY cheap!!) I don't even know what it's called. I think it's covergirl, in a red tube. They do have brown and brown/black. I have seen so many new ones out though, they have 2 steps. The first will thicken you lashes(it's white) and the second is the colored part that will lengthen your lashes.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried one of those new 2 steps ones. My lashes looked so stupid they were so thin and short. I throw the mascara away it was so bad.

I've seen commericals for mascaras with some new brush thing, can't find it now.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I use Almay One Coat Thickening...I think it is great, but I don't know about the brown or black/brown, b/c I buy black.

I also use Maybelline Volum Express when I want to use a more water resistant one...it is great also.
Again I don't know about the brown colors.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have tried tons of mascara's. My fav right now is the L'Oreal Volumize. I comes in black/brown. It doesn't flake off which is good because I wear soft contact lenses. It is about $7.00 and IMO it works just as good as the ones that cost me $25.00 and up.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Okay I LOVE Mascaras! I have super long eyelashes already but I like making them look "fake"

As far as the two step mascaras, only one has actually worked for me. It is the Loreal brand, its like a grayish silver and pearl on the other end. Its like 10 bucks, but SO WORTH IT!

I put the white stuff on first and let it dry while I brush my teeth or put on the rest of my make up. Then I put on the mascara, let that dry and put on one more coat. My lashes are seriously like 3 times as thick and long, and I have already super thick and long lashes

If you don't want something as Glam, try the old school pink and green Maybelline, it never fails. My Makeup bag is full of high priced Dior, Bobbi Brown, Versace and Estee Lauder, but if I just want a quick way for long lush lashes, I whip out my $6 buck Maybelline.

It gets voted best mascara in the Makeup awards almost every year

But don't try the Maybelline two step mascara, it sucks, the Loreal one is MUCH better.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I have a couple of recommendations. For basic everyday lashes, I don't think you can beat the original Mabeline Pink and Green Great Lash formula. It does come in brown/black, and is available waterproof or not. Every makeup artist I've worked with swears by this stuff, and I have to tell you, it is a nice product. Mabeline invented mascara, so they do know what they're doing.

My going out favorite mascara is Dior Cat Walk. That stuff gets my lashes so long and people (ok women) have asked if I was wearing fake lashes.

Most makeup companies (department store brands) will give you mascara samples if you ask. That my be a good option to test the waters, so to speak.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
As much as I love makeup I don't wear mascara

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
My fav is Estee Lauder MagnaScopic. My daughter uses MAC.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hiya

I have tried LOADS of mascaras in the last few years but my fav one ever has to be by benefit.

I have used both the benefit bad gal lash mascara (great for really dark thick dramatic lashes and my fav) and the normal more basic one for the sexy 'fluttery girl next door' style

Both are kinda pricey, but last a really long time and I have to say they are worth it.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I was at Costco last week and bought a small Smashbox makeup case -I love the mascara! Its really very nice-It has inside-a mirror, blush with brush, five eye shadows with brush, two colors for your lips with brush, and two eyeliners with brush. Oh yes and lipliner also. Its like a tri-fold-and you snap it shut-it would be perfect for traveling-all your makeup right there. It also has a little travel bag to slip it into. Anyway I really LOVED the mascara--I went back today and bought one for each of my daughter in laws.
I love makeup too-and love trying new things!!

Oh yes! Another thing--a couple of women have said that its comparable to Mac.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Anyone try Neutrogena products at all??? I always use their liquid makeup.. i just bought their new full volumn mascara. I have really sensative eyes... after wearing mascara for 5hrs my eyes will water or get irriated... sooo i'm hoping the neutrogena will work cause its really good with my sensative skin problems (I never break out from it).

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 4 2005, 02:31 PM
Anyone try Neutrogena products at all??? I always use their liquid makeup.. i just bought their new full volumn mascara.  I have really sensative eyes... after wearing mascara for 5hrs my eyes will water or get irriated... sooo i'm hoping the neutrogena will work cause its really good with my sensative skin problems (I never break out from it).
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39908
[/QUOTE]

I use their foundation and powder that have the Salycilic Acid in it. It helps me. I have never tried their mascara or anything else though.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu+Mar 4 2005, 02:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Mar 4 2005, 02:31 PM
Anyone try Neutrogena products at all??? <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39908

Not makeup but lotion and face wash! I love it!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39922
[/B][/QUOTE]

yeah...I use those too..I just had my mind on the makeup part!
I don't use anything else on my face except neutrogena cleaning products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts