Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, we live in my in-law's cabana.
Through the window I could see my f-i-l talking to a man out side, looking at a ladder. And then I saw the crazy drunk lady from next door talking to them, and pointing towards her house. (she's not completelycrazy and she's not always drunk, but we still call her the C.D.L. She's really very nice)
Next thing I know my mother in law open my door and says "Let me see Tucker"
So I bring him out and CDL (crazy drunk lady) is talking about her German Wired Hair Pointer and how wonderful he is and how he is a $1500.00 dog. (he's really a beautiful dog)

Down here, in Cajun French we call that being fon choc, it just means boastful, braggy, you get the picture.

Well my mil says "well Tucker didn't cost that much and he thinks your dog is ugly."

*side note, Tucker barks at the dog through the window all the time and the other day she was growling w/ him and got him to growl "hhhhoommme" b/c she was telling the dog "go home, you're ugly"

Well she brings Tucker back in and says "She's crazy bragging about her dog, she wants to brag about a pretty dog, I'll show her a pretty dog"

The woman cracks me up.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Grr... I hate ignorance! I can't believe people think that just because a dog COSTS more, it means they're better and prettier! Then to even TRY to compare it with a Maltese? Pshh! You've got to be KIDDING! LoL. A dog's beauty has nothing to do with its price tag. Anyone can set an outrageous price on a dog and sell it... does that mean they're better? Not really... =/ I think Tucker's a gorgeous dog! Don't listen if anyone says otherwise! =]

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
People just amaze me. You're right. How much you pay for a dog has nothing to do with how pretty, smart, loyal, etc. your baby is. Some of the most beautiful animals I have ever seen were rescues, former strays, deserted by people who deserve to die for putting their animals out beside the road, etc.

Samsonsmom

Pretty is as pretty does. Sammie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts