Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I gave in on Friday and called the breeders. Turns out only 1 of the 3 breeders ended up with a litter. Cheryl Shoemaker was expecting 2 litters and neither mom ended up having puppies. Bobby Dodd ended up losing both puppies in her litter.
Cheryl Filson's mom had 3 puppies (2 boys and a girl). They are from 2 of her champions so they are going to be more then I can afford.

Cheryl Shoemaker recommended Loretta Dean. I couldn't find any info on the internet about her. Does anyone know anything about her? She called me yesterday and might have a boy and girl available. She is going to try and find show homes for them first. She also has a litter due sometime in June or July. She is going to get back to me about the boy and girl.

If this doesn't work out I will just have to wait a little bit longer I guess. Oh, well it will give me time to save up the money.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Aww man! Sorry it turned out this way, but you have the right idea about saving more money! I've never heard of Loretta Dean so sorry I can't help. Are you totally set on a girl or would a boy be okay? Just wondering so if I happen to find someone with a boy I can let you know.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@May 30 2005, 02:48 PM
Aww man!  Sorry it turned out this way, but you have the right idea about saving more money!  I've never heard of Loretta Dean so sorry I can't help.  Are you totally set on a girl or would a boy be okay?  Just wondering so if I happen to find someone with a boy I can let you know.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66936
[/QUOTE]
I would prefer a girl but might take a boy. I'm going to hold out for a girl for a few more months, I think and then I will rethink it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+May 30 2005, 03:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@May 30 2005, 02:48 PM
Aww man!  Sorry it turned out this way, but you have the right idea about saving more money!  I've never heard of Loretta Dean so sorry I can't help.  Are you totally set on a girl or would a boy be okay?  Just wondering so if I happen to find someone with a boy I can let you know.
I would prefer a girl but might take a boy. I'm going to hold out for a girl for a few more months, I think and then I will rethink it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66938
[/B][/QUOTE]

Just curious if there is a reason you prefer a girl for your 2nd Malt?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+May 30 2005, 02:56 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 30 2005, 03:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@May 30 2005, 02:48 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66938

[/QUOTE]

Just curious if there is a reason you prefer a girl for your 2nd Malt?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66940
[/B][/QUOTE]
I have tons of shirts and stuff from Lexi (all pink). Plus I've never had a boy dog.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@May 30 2005, 04:03 PM
I have tons of shirts and stuff from Lexi (all pink).  Plus I've never had a boy dog.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66941
[/QUOTE]
LOL! That's what I was thinking when I decided to go for a second pup!...Unfortunately my brilliant money saving idea went down the toilet b/c Tic is already the same size/alittle bigger than Peanut
and Tic still has lots of growing to do

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut+May 30 2005, 03:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@May 30 2005, 04:03 PM
I have tons of shirts and stuff from Lexi (all pink).  Plus I've never had a boy dog.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66941
LOL! That's what I was thinking when I decided to go for a second pup!...Unfortunately my brilliant money saving idea went down the toilet b/c Tic is already the same size/alittle bigger than Peanut
and Tic still has lots of growing to do

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66942
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@May 30 2005, 10:47 AM
Well, I gave in on Friday and called the breeders.  Turns out only 1 of the 3 breeders ended up with a litter.  Cheryl Shoemaker was expecting 2 litters and neither mom ended up having puppies.  Bobby Dodd ended up losing both puppies in her litter. 
Cheryl Filson's mom had 3 puppies (2 boys and a girl).  They are from 2 of her champions so they are going to be more then I can afford. 

Cheryl Shoemaker recommended Loretta Dean.  I couldn't find any info on the internet about her.  Does anyone know anything about her?  She called me yesterday and might have a boy and girl available.  She is going to try and find show homes for them first.  She also has a litter due sometime in June or July.  She is going to get back to me about the boy and girl.

If this doesn't work out I will just have to wait a little bit longer I guess.  Oh, well it will give me time to save up the money.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66840
[/QUOTE]

My friend knows Loretta Dean from showing. She said that she is a very nice lady. She is reputable, and she has nice dogs.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by LucyLou+May 30 2005, 04:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@May 30 2005, 10:47 AM
Well, I gave in on Friday and called the breeders.  Turns out only 1 of the 3 breeders ended up with a litter.  Cheryl Shoemaker was expecting 2 litters and neither mom ended up having puppies.  Bobby Dodd ended up losing both puppies in her litter. 
Cheryl Filson's mom had 3 puppies (2 boys and a girl).  They are from 2 of her champions so they are going to be more then I can afford. 

Cheryl Shoemaker recommended Loretta Dean.  I couldn't find any info on the internet about her.  Does anyone know anything about her?  She called me yesterday and might have a boy and girl available.  She is going to try and find show homes for them first.  She also has a litter due sometime in June or July.  She is going to get back to me about the boy and girl.

If this doesn't work out I will just have to wait a little bit longer I guess.  Oh, well it will give me time to save up the money.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66840
My friend knows Loretta Dean from showing. She said that she is a very nice lady. She is reputable, and she has nice dogs.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66949
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks! I figured she was probably good since Cheryl recommended her but I just wanted to check.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I am excited to hear how things work out once you get the pup!
That way I will know alittle bit what to expect when I get another puppy. I know each situation is different though.

I know its hard to wait for a pup.. but i'm glad your doing the right thing. Not just going out and buying any old pup. Health is VERY important.. and i'm sure a lot of other members will agree with me.
Your such a GOOD mommy! Keep us updated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts