Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend told me this evening that her friend who works in a kennel warned her that the canine flu has had considerably increased cases in our county. Guess kennels are especially concerned.

Is there a vaccine for this?( did a quick search and found conflicting info on this)

I'm planning to take Naddie on the dog walk for canine cancer research in a couple of weeks. They have a pretty big turn out with dogs from all over the county.

I will be talking with the vet office about this tomorrow as I have to get some diet cookies/ supplements/ and food , but thought I'd ask here too as we have such a knowledgeble group.

I sure don't want to put Naddie at even remote risk and could go without her, but she loves it so ! am I being overly concerned?
I'm thinking about everyday living, though, not just the walk.

Anything I should do...not do to help prevent her from picking up this nasty virus over the summer when we tend to be out and about a bit more.

any info/advise/suggestions... input of any kind will be appreciated!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
we had 4 suspected cases last summer 2 of them died. prob is once they show signs they wont show a positive test so u have to test animals around them that are exposed. unfortunately at that time we didnt know this so we were not able to confirm. we now require it for all boarding animals and optional for others. the vaccine has had very few reactions and the only ones we have seen are swelling at injection site. nothing more severe than that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.