Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm left-handed and have a hard time finding scissors. After the new dog arrives, I'm thinking about grooming them myself. I'm having a hard time finding left-handed grooming scissors that aren't ridiculously expensive.

Can anyone recommend some left-handed grooming scissors and thinning shears?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Well, I am left handed...and do all grooming myself...

BUT...I have always used right-handed scissors (held in my left hand) all of my life. I could never get the left-handed ones to cut. lol

So I just have standard scissors. Sorry I can't be of any help!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I'm left-handed and have a hard time finding scissors. After the new dog arrives, I'm thinking about grooming them myself. I'm having a hard time finding left-handed grooming scissors that aren't ridiculously expensive.

Thanks!
Suzan, I'm left handed and got an inexpensive pair of generic scissors at Sally's. They still work fine after a few years. Then I bought an expensive pair from a vendor at a dog show, left-handed ones, dropped them once, they bent and are no good. I use clippers on the body (Laube Micro Mini) and scissor the legs, feet, and face. I've never used and don't own a pair of thinning shears.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Mary

p.s. I bought an expensive pair of left handed sewing shears years ago and have never regretted it.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suzan, I'm left handed and got an inexpensive pair of generic scissors at Sally's. They still work fine after a few years. Then I bought an expensive pair from a vendor at a dog show, left-handed ones, dropped them once, they bent and are no good. I use clippers on the body (Laube Micro Mini) and scissor the legs, feet, and face. I've never used and don't own a pair of thinning shears.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Mary

p.s. I bought an expensive pair of left handed sewing shears years ago and have never regretted it.

Thanks, Mary. My groomer told me to have a pair of thinning shears on hand for difficult mats. I'll look in Sally's for the others.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I am left handed...and do all grooming myself...

BUT...I have always used right-handed scissors (held in my left hand) all of my life. I could never get the left-handed ones to cut. lol

So I just have standard scissors. Sorry I can't be of any help!
I can use both, but I find it easier to use left-handed scissors.

·
Registered
277 Posts

Thanks!
You're getting a new baby???? Lucky you

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
Lefty here too! HEY....I didn't realize there were so many of us!!!

I drive left handed all the way to the groomer. :brownbag:

But I do use right handed scissors. With four now being groomed, I may be forced to learn how to do it myself soon....either that or get a second job.:w00t:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.