Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be doing an externship at a vet in the TAMPA area, but it is for a month and need a place to stay...does n e one know how I can get a good rate somewhere?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have a lot of family in tampa and up until like last week my dad lived there so i could proubly find out i just dont know right off the top of my head

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
when are you going? I have a hotel room at the Hilton Garden in Tampa and I will be there from the 23rd on (for about 5 days)... you are welcome to share my room with me at no fee...

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks thats really nice of u..but i wont be going until may15-june11 i dont know what im going to do

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
check out www.rent.com and i think there might be reviews. or are you looking for a hotel? a hotel would be nice. room service, clean sheets everyday.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont care where i stay...even if i have to sleep on the floor....do they have places to rent for just one month???

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Would you be taking any pets, or just you? We have a friend who has a huge house in Tampa that he inherited. He even has a caretakers place on the property. I will see what I can find out. I'm pretty sure they would not be interested in pets, though. I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no pets, just me...thanks a bunch!....im having trouble studying cause im so stressed about it..and its kinda in the future...i need to focus on my test for friday LOL!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I know some hotels (Holiday Inn type) around here rent by the month. You can get a suite for around $300-400 for the month (I think). Also see if they have apartment guides. Maybe someone from the vet clinic can send you one. I'm sure there are places that you can rent by the month. Oh, also check those hotels, the suite ones, that cater to business people.

Here is one of the sites I found:
Corporate Housing

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My parents had to stay in one of those hotel/suite places while they were getting some work done on their house after a pipe burst and flooded the place. They stayed a few months. They had a kitchen and all...plus housekeeping too. Surely you can find someplace like that to stay for just a month.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I would definitly do corporate housing (unless msmagnolias idea works out)... this way it is fully furnished and all you have to take is clothes... you don't have to worry about much more...

If you search for "Extended Stay Hotels" you will find a TON of info!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
My grandma just sold her house (has to move out by Feb 1), but can't move into her new house until Feb 28. So we looked into hotels and apartments for her, but she decided to stay with my uncle instead.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 20 2005, 09:47 AM
I know some hotels (Holiday Inn type) around here rent by the month.  You can get a suite for around $300-400 for the month (I think).  Also see if they have apartment guides.  Maybe someone from the vet clinic can send you one.  I'm sure there are places that you can rent by the month.  Oh, also check those hotels, the suite ones, that cater to business people.

Corporate Housing
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30516
[/QUOTE]

thanks for this link...getting closer...but i could only find a minimum of 3 month rental...i dont want to spend 800+ so this will be difficult. thanks for all of ur help!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava+Jan 20 2005, 01:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Jan 20 2005, 09:47 AM
I know some hotels (Holiday Inn type) around here rent by the month.  You can get a suite for around $300-400 for the month (I think).  Also see if they have apartment guides.  Maybe someone from the vet clinic can send you one.  I'm sure there are places that you can rent by the month.  Oh, also check those hotels, the suite ones, that cater to business people.

Corporate Housing
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30516

thanks for this link...getting closer...but i could only find a minimum of 3 month rental...i dont want to spend 800+ so this will be difficult. thanks for all of ur help!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30558
[/B][/QUOTE]

You need to look for apartment complexes that specialize in short term housing.

My mom's boss is from Tampa. I'll see if she can recommend some places.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
My husband is contacting his friend. I will let you know what he has to say.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
u guys are super!!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow those were expensive
i hope i can find something...i would hate to cancle on this company.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wish I could help, if you find a vet in Washington state to intern at you would be welcome to stay with us, we have extra rooms and plenty of furballs to keep you company so you wouldn't miss Parker too much....good luck in the search.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts