Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen this product and wondered how well it lives up to what it says and how well it looks. they sell fabric sheets for inkjet printers and they say u can wash them and they dont fade. i really want a purse with parkers pic on it but the ones you can order are so expensive and i find it to be a huge scam when they have all these other purses they make through through the same process and charge for 25-30$ vs the 100-200$ personal ones. so i want to print it myself and hopefully get my MIL to make me a purse if she is capable. has anyone printed on this fabric or know of a company that will print on fabric for u>?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I can't help but don't feel too bad about the the $100 and up ones being a scam if you should decide to get one. Printing yards and yards of fabric at one time and then making a purse is way cheaper than printing just one and custom making it. Most things are just a lot cheaper the more you make. I design products for our company and we have them made in China. We have to make so many of the item at one time because they won't even print the fabric if we don't have a huge quantity.

Do let us know if this method works and of course share a pic of the final purse if your MIL does it or if you buy one, too.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think a lot of the ebay market is making their photo purses this way..there is one on ebay that makes the personalized ones fairly cheap...but they have a huge white border around it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WD1V
why a white border..that will get sooo dingy looking!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no its actual fabric...not the iron on transfers

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
those are really cute. I have not seen the personal ones done like that. i have a couple of the store bought ones in christmas styles ...

i have made like canves tote bags for my kids for like taking things to church and in the car and stuff by using iron on paper so i think this fabric would work. i would be intersted in reading more on it

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Why not make the border a bunch of smaller pictures of Mr. Adorable? Like, starting from the top left, his baby pic....and then the next one a little older, and so on.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I made an entire quilt with the fabric sheets and it was amazing!!!!!!!!!! My mother died a couple of years ago and before she died she was in the hospital on a ventilator for a very long time. I live very far away and could not be with her for the whole ordeal. One weekend shortly after she got ill I went home and pulled out a stack of pictures of her children and grand children and printed them on fabric sheets.

I put together a REALLY fast quilt by just sewing them on a piece of fabric and then quilting it by machine.

I am a nurse and I have worked in ICU so I know that when a patient is there for a long time and unable to speak you tend to think of them in terms of their life support equipment and not as a real person. My Dad took the quilt to the hospital and put it on her bed. When the nurses came in it gave them something to talk to my mom about and also acted as a reminder that this was a real person with a family that loved her.

Sadly my Mom didn't make it but the quilt did it's job and until the day she died the people who came into the room would talk to her about her children and grandchildren, I know in my heart that she heard them.

The following year my Dad was in the hospital for almost 4 month with a bone infection, I took the quilt to him and he was quite proud to be able to show off his family. That stay had a happy ending and he is home with the quilt displayed in his living room.

Just be sure you follow the directions for setting the ink. I made the mistake at first of not following the directions and the first pictures ran.

Sorry to ramble on so.............. but now you have me inspired!!! My son is getting married in 3 weeks, maybe I should start a memory quit for them (for their first anniversary!!)

Ginny

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by puppymom@Jul 10 2005, 06:42 AM
I made an entire quilt with the fabric sheets and it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!  My mother died a couple of years ago and before she died she was in the hospital on a ventilator for a very long time.  I live very far away and could not be with her for the whole ordeal.  One weekend shortly after she got ill I went home and pulled out a stack of pictures of her children and grand children and printed them on fabric sheets.

I put together a REALLY fast quilt by just sewing them on a piece of fabric and then quilting it by machine. 

I am a nurse and I have worked in ICU so I know that when a patient is there for a long time and unable to speak you tend to think of them in terms of their life support equipment and not as a real person.  My Dad took the quilt to the hospital and put it on her bed.  When the nurses came in it gave them something to talk to my mom about and also acted as a reminder that this was a real person with a family that loved her.

Sadly my Mom didn't make it but the quilt did it's job and until the day she died the people who came into the room would talk to her about her children and grandchildren, I know in my heart that she heard them.

The following year my Dad was in the hospital for almost 4 month with a bone infection, I took the quilt to him and he was quite proud to be able to show off his family.  That stay had a happy ending and he is home with the quilt displayed in his living room.

Just be sure you follow the directions for setting the ink.  I made the mistake at first of not following the directions and the first pictures ran. 

Sorry to ramble on so..............  but now you have me inspired!!!  My son is getting married in 3 weeks, maybe I should start a memory quit for them (for their first anniversary!!)

Ginny
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80020
[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a wonderful story and such a great idea you had...

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Jul 10 2005, 03:21 AM
Why not make the border a bunch of smaller pictures of Mr. Adorable?  Like, starting from the top left, his baby pic....and then the next one a little older, and so on.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80017
[/QUOTE]
i was worried it would look too busy but i did consider this...

Originally posted by puppymom@Jul 10 2005, 05:42 AM
I made an entire quilt with the fabric sheets and it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!  My mother died a couple of years ago and before she died she was in the hospital on a ventilator for a very long time.  I live very far away and could not be with her for the whole ordeal.  One weekend shortly after she got ill I went home and pulled out a stack of pictures of her children and grand children and printed them on fabric sheets.

I am a nurse and I have worked in ICU so I know that when a patient is there for a long time and unable to speak you tend to think of them in terms of their life support equipment and not as a real person.  My Dad took the quilt to the hospital and put it on her bed.  When the nurses came in it gave them something to talk to my mom about and also acted as a reminder that this was a real person with a family that loved her.

The following year my Dad was in the hospital for almost 4 month with a bone infection, I took the quilt to him and he was quite proud to be able to show off his family.  That stay had a happy ending and he is home with the quilt displayed in his living room.

Just be sure you follow the directions for setting the ink.  I made the mistake at first of not following the directions and the first pictures ran. 

Sorry to ramble on so..............  but now you have me inspired!!!  My son is getting married in 3 weeks, maybe I should start a memory quit for them (for their first anniversary!!)

Ginny
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80020
[/QUOTE]
wow...i was a little worried about it coming out like i would want...and it would have to be too simplified of a purse if she were to make one....but at least i know the fabric sheets hold up! thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I bought those to make a quilt square about my grandson for the Juvenile Diabetes quilt. The picture I chose had a lot of red since he was wearing a red pullover and I didn't like the way it printed at all.

Now I have some photo editing software and might try it again, increasing the intensity of the red so it prints deeper. I was just kind of fuzzy. Maybe it prints better from a digital file instead of a scanned photo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts