Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have not been on in a while. Things have been busy, & since things are pretty much going smoothly with Mugsy right now, I haven't had any questions! There is one thing I want to ask advice on though. In the morning & another time during the day, Mugsy does go poo-poo when I take him out. However, he doesn't go as well at night before bed. Oh he goes...but in the house. In a favorite spot! Not every night, but often, at some point , before I put him in the crate, he somehow manages to sneak in and go without anyone seeing him. I have even tried to catch him in the act, but have not been able to. I usually don't realize he's done it until the next morning. Does anyone know of a spray that would keep him off that area? Or any other suggestions at all? He is 8 months old now and I know he knows he isn't suppose to be doing that.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by The Nanny@May 12 2005, 01:32 PM
Hi

I have not been on in a while.  Things have been busy, & since things are pretty much going smoothly with Mugsy right now, I haven't had any questions!  There is one thing I want to ask advice on though.  In the morning & another time during the day, Mugsy does go poo-poo when I take him out.  However, he doesn't go as well at night before bed.  Oh he goes...but in the house.  In a favorite spot!  Not every night, but often, at  some point , before I put him in the crate, he somehow manages to sneak in and go without anyone seeing him.  I have even tried to catch him in the act, but have not been able to.  I usually don't realize he's done it until the next morning.  Does anyone know of a spray that would keep him off that area?  Or any other suggestions at all?  He is 8 months old now and I know he knows he isn't suppose to be doing that.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61888
[/QUOTE]

Maybe try and get the scent out with vinegar, and then put a rug over it to try and break the habit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...
Do you find vinegar works? Does it work as well as the dog/cat odor sprays that I pay a fortune for? I do use a pet odor solution, but he still goes back to that spot. If vinegar works, I'd rather use that and save some money!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I'm bad... kodie was marking this one spot in my parents house... so i took the green apple spray stuff and sprayed the area... i dunno if it stains carpet..
guess i didnt care cause its not my house.. haha..
but it worked.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Kodie@May 12 2005, 01:05 PM
I'm bad... kodie was marking this one spot in my parents house... so i took the green apple spray stuff and sprayed the area... i dunno if it stains carpet..
  guess i didnt care cause its not my house.. haha..
  but it worked. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61904
[/QUOTE]

Guess I need to get some "green apple spray stuff"

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i dont think bitter apple is going to keep him from peeing in that spot. what i would do...pour a bunch of Natures Miracle on the spot. and leave it. when it dries (in around 4 hours or so)....block that area. and then expose more and more of that area slowly.

you gotta keep an eye on your baby though---up until recently---i would always know where exactly the dogs were and what they are doing. and when gruffi didnt go potty...i would watch him like a hawk for 5 minutes and take him out again. lol. he was such a pain in the butt. he was 5 weeks old and would pee in his sleep!! LOL.

·
Registered
522 Posts
When Izzy discovered the joys of pooping behind my husband's recliner we got white pepper and sprinkled less than a teaspoon around the area. She wandered back there, sneezed, hurried out and never ever returned to that spot again.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@May 12 2005, 11:53 PM
i dont think bitter apple is going to keep him from peeing in that spot.   
True.. I had to keep respraying the area when I caught Kodie in it. I guess it wears off...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i forget how long bitter apple stays....i think only a couple of hours. i really like natures miracle though....and it really takes the stains out.
and i havent had any trouble with it messing up the carpet....but they say on the bottle to test your carpet.
i never test anything.
one time i got the Nair (hair removal) and i thought that my legs could handle it......well...i wiped it off and where all the hair was....i was bleeding a little. :new_Eyecrazy: you'd think i'd learn......LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@May 12 2005, 10:53 PM
i dont think bitter apple is going to keep him from peeing in that spot.  what i would do...pour a bunch of Natures Miracle on the spot.  and leave it.  when it dries (in around 4 hours or so)....block that area.  and then expose more and more of that area slowly. 

you gotta keep an eye on your baby though---up until recently---i would always know where exactly the dogs were and what they are doing.  and when gruffi didnt go potty...i would watch him like a hawk for 5 minutes and take him out again.  lol.  he was such a pain in the butt.  he was 5 weeks old and would pee in his sleep!!  LOL. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62010
[/QUOTE]
THAT IS TOO FUNNY! CHARLIE IS 7 MONTHS AND KNOWS BETTER BUT REALLY LIKES THE ORIENTAL RUG...WHERE DO YOU GET NATURES MIRACLE?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts