Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucky used to bury himself under pillows, bathing him took effort and he hated to be blow dried. Casper got his bath today, he saw me take the shampoo and towel into the kitchen, he comes running out and goes into his pick me up position. I take him into the bathroom after the bath, and he just sits on my lap while I brush and blow dry him. I have never had a dog, who loved bathtime before.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Oh do I wish! Ari doesn't bite or run, but doesn't love it. The hair dryer on high bothers her, so I use low. It's weird though, she sits on my lap every morning when I blow dry my hair on high. Doesn't bother her.

·
Super Moderator
9,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luck was weird about the dryer. I could use it or tge brush, but not both at the same time. Casper will put his head down when I blow dry his ears, but he sticks his head up in the air so I can get his chest. I have never had a dog run out to take a bath like he does.

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
Suki LOVES baths and actually falls asleep while i blow dry her. I massage her while shampooing with rubber massage gloves and she dozes while standing she is so relaxed. Its soo sweet and great they enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Both Chrissy and Laci are pretty good with their Baths. However, Chrissy, hides her head when I comb her there and isn't too keen and getting a Pony as well. I keep telling them both how good they are while they are being bathed and blow dried.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Luck was weird about the dryer. I could use it or tge brush, but not both at the same time. Casper will put his head down when I blow dry his ears, but he sticks his head up in the air so I can get his chest. I have never had a dog run out to take a bath like he does.
I did have one Maltese that would stick their head up so that I could blow dry her neck. But the bath itself, hated!

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,222 Posts
Abella doesn't mind her bath. But she HATES having her face washed so I do that last and as quickly as possible. As far as drying her she loves it - I have a big professional stand dryer and put her on a lazy susan type stand so I can spin her wherever I need to dry and brush. I think I dislike "Spa Day" more than she does.
🐶 🐾🌷

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
Oh do I wish! Ari doesn't bite or run, but doesn't love it. The hair dryer on high bothers her, so I use low. It's weird though, she sits on my lap every morning when I blow dry my hair on high. Doesn't bother her.
I use a diffuser on my other two who are bothered by the blowing. Maybe you can try that 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Super Moderator
9,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Abella doesn't mind her bath. But she HATES having her face washed so I do that last and as quickly as possible. As far as drying her she loves it - I have a big professional stand dryer and put her on a lazy susan type stand so I can spin her wherever I need to dry and brush. I think I dislike "Spa Day" more than she does.
🐶 🐾🌷
The image of Abella spinning around on a lazy susan just made me laugh.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
I can’t tell you how jealous I am of those of you who’s Dogs love baths! Molly hates the entire process. Juice is fine with it but I can’t say she loves it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sugarplum doesn’t LOVE baths, but she doesn’t mind them, either. I was actually very surprised how good she is with baths, considering that she’s a puppy mill rescue. She doesn’t give me any problem at all; never tries to jump out of the tub like I thought she might. I’ve groomed her myself ever since I’ve had her because she doesn’t tolerate it well, but for some reason she is extremely guarded of her legs and paws and I have a very difficult time with them. I can’t clip her claws at all and sometimes I have to sneak in a few snips with some shears to cut the hair on her legs. My best guess as to why she is so guarded of her legs is that maybe at the puppy mill they just grabbed her by a leg when they handled her or wanted to pick her up? I’ve bit the bullet and made an appointment to have her professionally groomed in a couple of weeks, this will be her first time. It is at her vets office following a check up. Out of consideration of time, I’m going to bathe her before the appointment because I have no idea how she’s going to behave with a stranger and undergoing something she doesn’t like; it could potentially take a long time or the groomer may need some assistance from one of the vet techs/animal assistants.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,703 Posts
Kitzi hates grooming of any kind. Lisi doesn't mind groom but hates bath. They try to hide. Lucky you!

Reactions: crazylady
1 - 16 of 16 Posts