Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've gotten Daisy home from getting her spayed she's had several accidents. One was on the bed, which she's never ever done and a couple where when i had a comforter on the floor because I was playing on my laptop. Could this just be because she spent the night away from home and she's just back into the routine yet? Before she only went on her pee pads. I'm hoping that she will be back to normal after her stitches are out. I stopped her in the middle of her accidents both times and she acted so sad. I felt sorry, but I stayed firm with her. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well she just got fixed on Thursday and there was no problem until I brought her home on Friday. She is actually squatting like she normally does. I just find it really strange. She goes next Monday to get her stitches out so I will definitely ask them about it.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Well she just got fixed on Thursday and there was no problem until I brought her home on Friday. She is actually squatting like she normally does. I just find it really strange. She goes next Monday to get her stitches out so I will definitely ask them about it.[/B]
If she has a UTI, waiting the rest of the week isn't a great idea. If she continues to have accidents, which are often a symptoms of UTIs, please have a urine sample checked ASAP.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Chelsey had a few accidents after she got spayed. I did not think anything of it. After about a week she was back to normal... she had accidents I think for two or three days. What I did was make sure that the wee wee pad was close to her. So that seemed to help so she did not have to walk to far to the pee pad.

I was also worried about Chelsey drinking so much water so I called our vet and they told me to bring her back in. Give them a call and tell them about your concern.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut had a few pee accidents after his neuter last year, I just assumed he was still out of it.

But, he's been having some bladder problems that we are in the middle of testing, so I do recommend you get daisy checked out. The vet will probably want a sterile sample, so they'll take the uring from her. Does she strain when she is peeing? JMM is the expert here, not me, I've just been reading a lot on bladder trouble recently. I hope it's nothing serious and that Daisy is okay

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Have you contacted the vet yet. Just give them a call and tell them the situation. It will put your mind at rest.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whoo hoo! I believe that it was just because of the surgery. She is back to being her old self. She has not had an accident since I posted this. She has been in the living room with me this whole afternoon and evening and she goes right into the bathroom to use her pee pad. I'm so proud of her! I'm glad that she is okay.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Chloe was spayed just 9 days ago. She also did the same thing. She seemed totally trained before her surgery but when she came home she did have a few accidents here and there. She also did the same thing when she was sick and in the hospital with diareah and vomiting. When she came home that 1st week she had accidents here and there. I truy think it has to do with them being away and their routine being upset.

Good Luck, Hope she keeps doing well.

Lynda

1 - 11 of 11 Posts