Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity, want to see if anyone else out there has a toothless malt. If so, what do you feed them and do you have any other tips for caring for a toothless fluff?

I feed Blue Buffalo which I grind into powder for Whisper. I then mix it with hot water to soften, add some canned Natural Balance, Blue Buffalo or Spot's stew, some efa oil and maybe some canned pumpkin. Her treats are soft chewy ones with glucosamine. She gobbles every bit down.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Rylee is almost toothless,he has one tooth on top,one on the bottom,he can crunch a little bit.I crumble up the hard food into smaller bits and he eats fine.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the vet said their gums harden and I have noticed she tries to eat the other dog's crunchies.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Hunter has no teeth between his canines but has most of his back teeth. He eats regular kibble when we travel but usually eats Grandma Lucys. He gets mostly hard treats and a few soft ones here and there.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hunter has no teeth between his canines but has most of his back teeth. He eats regular kibble when we travel but usually eats Grandma Lucys. He gets mostly hard treats and a few soft ones here and there.
What is Grandma Lucys? Oh, boy, do I need to ask :w00t:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Secret only has her 4 canines. When she arrived, Bonnie sent kibble with her so I could transition her easily, but even though the kibble is very small, I know that she probably didn't chew it.

She's now on Dr. Harvey's which is soft and wet and whatever protein we're using which is in tiny bites for her.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I have two rescues ( Hope and Toby) with few teeth, like 2 each and they both eat just like the other dogs, kibble and canned. I do put some water in Hope's food to help her eating, but dont really think I need too. She has two teeth in the far back on one side of her mouth and can chew vanilla ears and hard kibble very well. Toby eats his kibble dry and has no problem either. Try it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts