Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard of raw feeders doing this, never saw it canned until today. The lady at the health food store swore it was wonderful as a food additive. I bought a can--put a teaspoon on the dogs dry food tonight and I have never seen my dogs go wild for food before. My little one, Lily, was growling at her bowl as she was eating! I don't know how this stuff tastes (looks and smells very gross), but I had 3 happy dogs tonight. Their wasn't a molecule of food left in their bowls!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I've never heard of green tripe. Can you take a picture for us?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

Brought to you by the makers of google.

If you think it looks bad, you should smell it. I once fed it to my dogs. Sir N loved it. Would probably willingly rip off his own skin for some more. I, however, had to wash my hands with BLEACH to get rid of the smell....and it STILL lingered. Eeeewwww! The pictures show it in all its raw glory. I don't know what the canned version looks like.

I'd love to buy some more for the kids if it came already cut up because I don't want to ever touch that nasty stuff again.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Where the HECK is the green puking smiley!!!?!?!?!??!?!? It looks like a bunched up cut up ugly green carpet mixed with puke at first glance. I would never think to feed my babies that.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Ewww....that's a little bit more than I can handle right now.... <shudder>

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
OMG that looks absolutely gross, but if it will make our furkids eat their food I am willing to try it. When we were kids we were brought up on tripe but it never looked like that, trust me. I would like to know what to look for in the Health Food Store though and perhaps go get some to try on Scooby as he is such a fussy eater and if I can find something that will make him eat his dry food I will be very pleased. Please could you post a picture of the can? Pleassssssssssssse

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Aug 1 2005, 09:13 AM

Brought to you by the makers of google.

If you think it looks bad, you should smell it.  I once fed it to my dogs.  Sir N loved it.  Would probably willingly rip off his own skin for some more.  I, however, had to wash my hands with BLEACH to get rid of the smell....and it STILL lingered.  Eeeewwww!  The pictures show it in all its raw glory.  I don't know what the canned version looks like. 

I'd love to buy some more for the kids if it came already cut up because I don't want to ever touch that nasty stuff again.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86354
[/QUOTE]

You could try wearing latex gloves if you have to cut some up again.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Jul 31 2005, 11:56 PM
I heard of raw feeders doing this, never saw it canned until today. The lady at the health food store swore it was wonderful as a food additive. I bought a can--put a teaspoon on the dogs dry food tonight  and I have never seen my dogs go wild for food before. My little one, Lily, was growling at her bowl as she was eating! I don't know how this stuff tastes (looks and smells very gross), but I had 3 happy dogs tonight. Their wasn't a molecule of food left in their bowls!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86323
[/QUOTE]
I think this is the funniest thread I have read yet

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought this stuff:

http://www.sitstay.com/cgi-bin/sdisp.cgi/ED756.lg.jpg

Trust me, if it looked anything like that picture in the other post, I would have run screaming from the store. I went to feed the kids this morning and all three danced around like they couldn't wait. They started barking and growling (happy) and jumping up and down. I don't know how this stuff tastes to them--must be happy drugs in there! I just want to know how nutritious it is, or if it is just hype. But if you guys have dogs that won't eat--use this on top of their dry food!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Aug 1 2005, 01:47 PM
I bought this stuff:

Trust me, if it looked anything like that picture in the other post, I would have run screaming from the store. I went to feed the kids this morning and all three danced around like they couldn't wait. They started barking and growling (happy) and jumping up and down. I don't know how this stuff tastes to them--must be happy drugs in there! I just want to know how nutritious it is, or if it is just hype. But if you guys have dogs that won't eat--use this on top of their dry food!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86420
[/QUOTE]

You say you got it in a store, which one? I mean which store can we just go and buy if from, I would rather just go get one can to try locally first.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Scoobydoo+Aug 1 2005, 01:56 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Quincymom
@Aug 1 2005, 01:47 PM
I bought this stuff:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86420
You say you got it in a store, which one? I mean which store can we just go and buy if from, I would rather just go get one can to try locally first.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86422
[/B][/QUOTE]
A new natural food store opened in town last week, and I went there. They had a small section of pet food, now I can get my Solid Gold without having to mail order it. They also had canned food, including this. I had seen it on the Sit Stay web site previously, but never thought to buy it. The salesclerk was very persuasive at the store, told me the tripe was loaded with natural enzymes. It was $1.80 for a large can. I used a large spoonful on each of there dry food.
Also I order from Sit Stay all the time. They have the best (read cleanest and non smelly) treats for the dogs. Their bully sticks (they call them macho sticks) don't have that nasty smell the bully sticks I buy at the store do. I also like the beef chewys, and whizzlers. Or rather, the dogs do--I haven't snacked on one yet!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Ok well hubby has found a place close to here that sells the solid gold too, so we are off to get some soon. I will be so grateful if Scooby will eat his dry food, he is such a little fussy bum.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"I found this Nutrition: Green Tripe"

Thanks for the information. The manufacturer of the canned tripe claims that the enzymes are still present in the tripe after canning. I dunno, I hope so. I always give my dogs the live refrigerated enzyme powder (for humans) that I buy in the health store. Seems to help their digestion. I don't know if it is just my luck with dogs, but all my Maltese seem to have tender tummies. I like the idea of raw, but I would only try it with a large dog, so I guess I will keep feeding the canned tripe since they like it and if it really does have the health claims.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Aug 1 2005, 02:11 PM
Ok well hubby has found a place close to here that sells the solid gold too, so we are off to get some soon. I will be so grateful if Scooby will eat his dry food, he is such a little fussy bum.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86430
[/QUOTE]
Let me know if he likes it. Mine went crazy for it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts