Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a 7.2 earthquake in northern Mexico (Baja, Mexico epicenter), but felt all the way in California and Arizona.
Anyone feel it?

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
CNN just said that Northern Calif had an earthquake, no town or city mentioned and nothing about the size. They said it just now.........

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
CNN just said that Northern Calif had an earthquake, no town or city mentioned and nothing about the size. They said it just now.........
I wonder if he mispoke because he just came back on and did not mention Northern California......I though, jeez, they just an earthquate in the southern region....I'll listen and see what they say. Sometimes host make mistakes!

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our friends in San Diego really felt it. But I am up in No. Cali and we have little ones all the time. Just wondering if our So Cal friends felt anything.
I have CNN on also, do you believe those pictures?

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I think it is kind of scary, was it yesterday they had an 8.0 earthquake in Santo Damingo. It seems it is spreading around the globe......they have always said one of the bigger faults is up through Memphis Tn on the eastern side of the US. I am not sure what year, I think in the 1800's, the Mississippi River reversed it course when they had a major quake.

YES, they just said Northern California too on CNN. Very small one..........

·
Registered
762 Posts
I didn't feel anything here but could tell it was a pretty big one. The water in my parents pool was sloshing from side to side enough to cause the water to splash out.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
About what time was it at? My husband and I were over at his brother's house for Easter today around 3pm Pacific Time, and I SWEAR I felt the floor shaking...I asked him to quit tapping/shaking his foot on the floor next to me, and he said he wasn't. I'm in WA state so I would doubt I would feel it, but maybe??

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
It was at 3:40pm. I'm so glad I was in San Diego the week before last and not today. While I was out there shooting I kept thinking what would I do if there was an earthquake. I'm so east coast that we really don't think about those things. I e-mailed my crew to find out how they are doing. Haven't heard back.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I was in the office uploading photos of Poppy, and posted on Facebook that I hated when I wasn't sure if we'd had an earthquake, or if I had made it up. I literally felt my chair lift up ... it felt like a big roller rolled under the office floor ... but again, you always think you've made it up. :HistericalSmiley:

I about died when I heard how far away it was, until I saw how big it was. :blink:

If you want to see all of the activity we've had out here today:

Recent Earthquakes - Map for 116-33

Recent Earthquakes - All Earthquake List for CA-NV

Pretty trippy!! But, as someone else mentioned, I almost worry more for my family back in KY, as there is a fault there that could cause a devastating earthquake, and absolutely no one there is prepared ... nor is there any sort of building codes regarding earthquakes.

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Our oldest son Shon and his family recently moved to Yuma Arizona in late January (He is a Gunny Sgt in the Marines) They called last night to tell us it was scary They are 50 miles from the Epicenter. But other than shaking and the pool water sloshing around, they had no damage. They said their 2 little dogs seemed distressed ( a MinPin and a Toy Fox Terrier) Luckily they are in a rental and still have their house in NC. My daughter in law says she can't wait to get home ( which will not be for 2.5 more years). She hates the desert and she hates earthquakes even more!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts