Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose with cookies its all about the cookie cutter but there must be some that are just festive lol. I am going to look for some and will post them if i find any good ones but if you have any i would love to hear them

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Actually, I found a pinwheel cookie recipe on a dog recipe site that I am planning to make for Christmas gifts for my dog friends. I don't think they can be colored with food color, though, because part of the dough is darker brown and the other part is light brown. You lay one on top of the other, roll them up and slice them into pinwheel cookies.

If you're interested, I will look up the recipe for you.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry i havnt gotten around to updating this i wanted to find some recipies and post them i have just been a little busy i will get around to it though

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I made the pinwheel dog cookies and packaged them in dog-foot-print cellophane bags I found at this store called "The Complete Package". Using the directions, the first batch was too big for our little Malts so I made some changes to make the pinwheel slices the size of a nickel.

Pico turned his nose up when I gave him one, but I noticed that he did eat it finally. I gave a bag to our mechanic for his two Yorkies and a bag of the big ones to a friend who has an Australian Shepherd.

They were a whole lot of work to make, so i'm going to try another, simpler recipe that calls for veggies. I'm hoping to find something low fat, easy to make that Pico will like so I don't have to spend so much money on that Pup Corn for him. He has MVD so can't eat much protein or fat and his treats have to be no protein, low fat so I don't have a lot of choice in ready-made treats.

Did you find any recipes and did you make anything?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts