Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We are trying to have our first 2 legged little one. Has anyone ever used these before? It's a little confusing as to when we start?

THANKS!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Nope, I have 4 of those 2 legged critters and I will be honest and say they came to us so easy! One, I got pregnant w/ ...ON THE PILL
..the second took us 3 months after a miscarriage. The third...(get this)..we had one...uh..."effort" that entire month and hit pay dirt and w/ the last, it was just 2 months. My ob/gyn loves me..lol. I don't know anything about predictors. My ob/gyn said to do the "deed" no more than every other day during your non menstruative times. Seemed to work for us
Hubby loved all of that trying.
Unfortunate for him we got pregnant so fast, we didn't need to "try" much.
Good luck w/ your efforts...the best thing I can say..is relax and have fun.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We did that with my first one and let me tell you what happened!!!

For 3-4 months I used the monitor and we followed the directions and my "time" was about the same each month going by the monitor. Well, after September, we quit trying b/c I was trying to "time" the baby for certain months b/c I am a teacher.

So, in October...before a Halloween party...we "ya know"...and after he said..."Your're Pregnant!"
(He's nuts!) My reply was..."I can't be, because my 'time' has already passed by over a week." So we thought we were safe.

Well, about 2-3 weeks later...I started feeling tired, even Lucky Charms gave me indigestion...I was breaking out like a teenager...and I went to the doctor. I had not yet missed a period, so he assumed it was stress, told me to settle down, and gave me some Tagamet.

Well, a few more weeks passed...and my period never came. So one Sunday hubby got up and got me McDonald's for breakfast. I had the worst indigestion of my life and I decided to go and get a test. So I went to our local drug store and bought 4!!!

I went home and took one (he was at a yard-football game). It was positive! :eek: I freaked out! I called my best friend and told her to come over RIGHT AWAY! I started drinking water like a mad dog so that I could take another test! She came over and held my hand while we waited for the second one to turn (or not turn) positive. Sure enough...it did too! So we loaded up in the car and I took the "stick" to show my hubby! (yes, at the football game! He was quite embarrassed, although REALLY excited once he figured it out!) So...the next morning I took a THIRD one when I woke up-(I guess I thought it was going to reverse or something!
) It was DEFINITELY positive! (I still have that stick too in Mitchell's baby stuff!
)

So, I called the doctor. When I told the nurse that I had taken THREE tests...she LAUGHED hysterically at me!
I said, "what is so funny?!
" She asked, "Why so many?!" I said, "I took those fertility tests for 4 months and they told me when I was fertile! This baby was not conceived at the right time. I guess I didn't believe it!" She said you couldn't always go by those tests!
She said sometimes the egg "hangs around" longer than normal...which I guess is what happened with us!

So, to make a long story short...they might work, BUT , don't go by them if you are trying NOT to get pregnant!!! Ha ha...we have a seven year old living proof that it didn't work that way!!!!

Good luck though!!! "Trying" is the best part!!!!
Ha ha!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, we are actually trying to get pregnant, We've been married over 2 years now with no birth control. We are 30 and 28 so we're starting to get a bit impatient, and both of our parents are well past impatient.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
sometimes the harder you try, the longer it seems to take. I know someone who tried for 5 yrs, gave up and sold all of their baby stuff they had bought and the very next month they got pregnant! I would say if you have been trying for 2 months, let the doc run some hormone tests just to make sure everything is OK...I had a friend who got pregnant after 3 years of trying...she took one month of a fertility pill and got pregnant! Good luck!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by GlamourDog@Jan 9 2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys, we are actually trying to get pregnant,  We've been married over 2 years now with no birth control.  We are 30 and 28 so we're starting to get a bit impatient, and both of our parents are well past impatient. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28616
[/QUOTE]
I was really lucky in that my husband just had to look at me "that way" and I swear I got pregnant. The fertility sticks weren't around when ours were born (or at least I wasn't aware of them), so we just did the deed whenever we could. We were both a bit older when we started trying so we were convinced that it would take a while. I got pregnant on the first shot, each time. We have three kids, and our last was concieved on a New Year's Eve. darn that champagne. She was our surprise! My advice to you is before you begin, go talk to your ob/gyn and get a check up, just to make sure that everything is ok. Also, they can do some more specific hormone level checks during the month to determine your peak time for conception. And it's never too early to start leading a healthy pre-pregnancy lifestyle. Make sure that you get enough folic acid (Total cereal is a great source) and you may want to discuss prenatal vitamins. Best wishes to you and your husband.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
ok....i wrote this really long post about my teacher who had been trying to have a baby.....and i guess it didnt post.

their friend was into fung shei and told them to take all the dead flowers out of their house. they had a couple of dead flowers and wreaths. took them out....and like 6 months or something....she got pregnant. try it...tell me if it works.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by GlamourDog@Jan 9 2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys, we are actually trying to get pregnant,  We've been married over 2 years now with no birth control.  We are 30 and 28 so we're starting to get a bit impatient, and both of our parents are well past impatient. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28616
[/QUOTE]

Good luck!!!!!!

Originally posted by saltymalty@Jan 9 2005, 07:36 PM
I was really lucky in that my husband just had to look at me "that way" and I swear I got pregnant.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28627
[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Oh the best of luck to you , We also have 3 children my first was with 1 month and my daughter took 6 months of trying lol! then my 3 rd, 7 years after my 2nd was a huge surprise like ltunn i had lots of tests in the house and had a ''spare '' i didnt even miss a period yet just felt alittle odd lol well i peed on the stick
did i just say that ?!
and went in the shower actually forgot about it! Came out and very casually looked at it ,Welll let me tell you the whole world should have heard me yell '' NO way are you kidding me"" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i must have said it 20 times Still , now 3 years later i crack up when i think about it . and she my now 3 yr old daughter is the biggest blessing Thank god for surprises
BABY DUST coming your wayyyyy!!!!!!! ~ Denise

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Jan 11 2005, 12:03 PM
Oh the best of luck to you , We also have 3 children my first was with 1 month and my daughter took 6 months of trying lol! then my 3 rd, 7 years after my 2nd was a huge surprise like ltunn  i had lots of tests in the house and had a ''spare '' i didnt even miss a period yet just felt alittle odd lol well i peed on the stick 
did i just say that ?!
  and went in the shower actually forgot about it! Came out and very casually looked at it ,Welll let me tell you the whole world should have heard me yell '' NO way are you kidding me"" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i must have said it 20 times  Still , now 3 years later i crack up when i think about it . and she my now 3 yr old daughter is the biggest blessing Thank god for surprises 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28984
[/QUOTE]

That is SO funny.....
When I got pregnant with my second, we were aiming for May as a due date. Well, when I finally started feeling like I was pregnant, I was in denial, b/c I knew it was a month too early! So I did not take the many tests like I did the first time. I waited until I was a couple weeks past my period and just went to the dr. to take the test. Well, I did the test, left the sample in the window, and came out of the bathroom. Behind the wall were several nurses. One of them poked her head around and called my name....and said "it is pink-and that came up really quick"!
I just stood there. She said, "Honey, that means it's positive!"
She was SO excited!
I was NOT! (even though I really already knew!
) I said right there out loud-*very distressed!* "Holy crap!" I can't have a baby in April! :eek: It is supposed to be in MAY!!!!" Of course, they thought it was hilarious! I STILL did not!

I was teaching third grade at the time, and I REALLY needed to get past the state testing dates with my kids...so I could get in all my review and give them the test myself. I was SO distressed....but what are ya gonna do?! In the end, the Lord took care of things, and I made it through testing and was induced with Emily on the first day of our spring break! It worked out perfectly!!!! Could not have "planned" it better...ha ha!!!!!! I had almost 4 whole months with her before I had to go back to school!!!!!

Anyway, moral of the story..."sometimes the good Lord has other plans than yours!"

Good luck Glamour Dog!!!!! Skin kids are truly a blessing from above!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jan 11 2005, 11:15 AM
I said right there out loud-*very distressed!* "Holy crap!" I can't have a baby in April! :eek: It is supposed to be in MAY!!!!" Of course, they thought it was hilarious! I STILL did not! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28988
[/QUOTE]
HAHAHAHAHAHAH She ended up being your "favorite" though! LOL That was funny!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Jan 11 2005, 01:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Jan 11 2005, 11:15 AM
I said right there out loud-*very distressed!* "Holy crap!" I can't have a baby in April! :eek: It is supposed to be in MAY!!!!" Of course, they thought it was hilarious! I STILL did not! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAH She ended up being your "favorite" though! LOL That was funny!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29023
[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! She's my girl!!! What a blessing...both of them are...but she is "my girl"!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Jan 11 2005, 12:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Denise&Chico
@Jan 11 2005, 12:03 PM
Oh the best of luck to you , We also have 3 children my first was with 1 month and my daughter took 6 months of trying lol! then my 3 rd, 7 years after my 2nd was a huge surprise like ltunn  i had lots of tests in the house and had a ''spare '' i didnt even miss a period yet just felt alittle odd lol well i peed on the stick 
did i just say that ?!
  and went in the shower actually forgot about it! Came out and very casually looked at it ,Welll let me tell you the whole world should have heard me yell '' NO way are you kidding me"" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i must have said it 20 times  Still , now 3 years later i crack up when i think about it . and she my now 3 yr old daughter is the biggest blessing Thank god for surprises 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28984
That is SO funny.....
When I got pregnant with my second, we were aiming for May as a due date. Well, when I finally started feeling like I was pregnant, I was in denial, b/c I knew it was a month too early! So I did not take the many tests like I did the first time. I waited until I was a couple weeks past my period and just went to the dr. to take the test. Well, I did the test, left the sample in the window, and came out of the bathroom. Behind the wall were several nurses. One of them poked her head around and called my name....and said "it is pink-and that came up really quick"!
I just stood there. She said, "Honey, that means it's positive!"
She was SO excited!
I was NOT! (even though I really already knew!
) I said right there out loud-*very distressed!* "Holy crap!" I can't have a baby in April! :eek: It is supposed to be in MAY!!!!" Of course, they thought it was hilarious! I STILL did not!

I was teaching third grade at the time, and I REALLY needed to get past the state testing dates with my kids...so I could get in all my review and give them the test myself. I was SO distressed....but what are ya gonna do?! In the end, the Lord took care of things, and I made it through testing and was induced with Emily on the first day of our spring break! It worked out perfectly!!!! Could not have "planned" it better...ha ha!!!!!! I had almost 4 whole months with her before I had to go back to school!!!!!

Anyway, moral of the story..."sometimes the good Lord has other plans than yours!"

Good luck Glamour Dog!!!!! Skin kids are truly a blessing from above!!!!

[/B][/QUOTE]
Tlunn~ That is great the lord knows wjhats best for us. My 3rd like i said was a shock we were nevere ''ready'' at the same time . I would be ready to try for a 3rd then my hubby wasnt and vise vierse lol We joke around and said God said enough with the back and forth and back and forth and he decided lolol God is so good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts