Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marina and I are going to be up in San mateo for a show and we've had meetups during this show before, so thought it would be fun to try to get another one hopefully together!

We will be there Dec 27-31st. There is a large maltese entry all four days of the show, which should make it more exciting! We can meet up at the hotel and have the doggies play also.

So.. anyone? We're free any of the days, 28, 29th or 30'th. The 31st we will be headed home after the judging.
Here is the link to the shows
InfoDog - Dog Shows Held December 26, 2010 - January 01, 2011

If you click on the show, it will give you the judging program so you can see what time the maltese are showing.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I'd love to but I work all of those days! Boo!!

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
I would love to. Let me find out which day will be better for DH.
Stacy let know which days are best for everyone and I'll be there.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Jealous!

:( Stacy I am jealous of your CA. weather!!. Here in the midwest the shows that come up for entry we have to consider that after paying our entry fees the weather may turn nasty and keep some away. I am mostly a fearless driver but when serious ICE or BLIZZARD conditions arrive..?? You are very blessed to live in NICE weather for winter showing. Wish I could come! HAVE fun and I hope you do well. :chili:

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd love to but I work all of those days! Boo!!
AWWW man!!! I was hoping for a repeat of trying to take pics of 15 dogs on the hotel couch, which Jax sitting as far from the crazies as he can!
Are you sure you aren't deathly ill and have to call in sick one of the days?:thumbsup:

I would love to. Let me find out which day will be better for DH.
Stacy let know which days are best for everyone and I'll be there.
Oh fantastic!! Just let me know when will work best for you!

:( Stacy I am jealous of your CA. weather!!. Here in the midwest the shows that come up for entry we have to consider that after paying our entry fees the weather may turn nasty and keep some away. I am mostly a fearless driver but when serious ICE or BLIZZARD conditions arrive..?? You are very blessed to live in NICE weather for winter showing. Wish I could come! HAVE fun and I hope you do well. :chili:
Well, yes, don't have to deal with ice or snow, that is a bonus!! Worst we have to deal with is rain and wind.

Wish you could come too!! Hoping Emma gets her last major for her grand ch., she is almost finished with it. 11 boys entered - I think that is a record! Usually it's bitches!

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Just got back on here and YES!!!!

Very excited to meet up and to go to the show!!!

Just let me know what date is good for you and I will be there!

sooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!

ps - boo hoo Mandy!!!! I think you need to have a sick day for sure

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm very interested!! Which show though? There are several on on the website, and I also couldn't figure out the time for the Maltese showing :mellow: hm and would the public be allowed to watch the judging? I'm super new to this haha :blush:

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
I'm very interested!! Which show though? There are several on on the website, and I also couldn't figure out the time for the Maltese showing :mellow: hm and would the public be allowed to watch the judging? I'm super new to this haha :blush:
Here are the times each day for the Maltese.
12/28 - 12:45 Ring 5
12/29 - 10:00 Ring 1
12/30 - 1:15 Ring 5
12/31 - 12:45 Ring 5

Stacy can fill you in on all the details if you need more information

The show opens at 7 am and there is ample parking. There are some vendors, but hoping for more this year. They are all outside.
Dress warm as it is usually on the cooler side.

It's a lot of fun to see the Maltese! I really enjoy going and spending time watching the Maltese and other dogs.

Hope this helps :)

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts

The show opens at 7 am and there is ample parking. There are some vendors, but hoping for more this year. They are all outside.

It's a lot of fun to see the Maltese! I really enjoy going and spending time watching the Maltese and other dogs.

I am jealous!!! Especially since I missed Eukanuba! :smcry:
But I am so happy that you get to go Joanne! You have to represent for the Bellarata Boys!!! Have fun you guys~ and good luck to Stacy and Marina and Emma! Hoping for a Grand Ch.!!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also have to be there for junior showmanship, so

tuesday, juniors show at the same time as maltese so i MIGHT attempt to show Emma. Last time I did, it was an epic failure and we almost got excused, LOL. So I'm hesitant to show her again but this is the last show of the year for stats (and Emma finally made it to the top 20) so I will probably show. Maybe. Haven't decided yet!

Marina will be showing her new dog Andrew in juniors, so we'll see how that goes!

WEDNESDAY Juniors show at 8am (blech) and maltese show at 1:15

THURSDAY - Juniors show at 12:15 and Maltese at 10:00

So Tuesday or Wednesday might be better because we can just go back to hotel after maltese judging. If we plan for thursday, everyone will have to stick around for Junior showmanship.

Yeagerbum, YES you can come watch the judging! Only shows like Eukanuba or Westminster do you need 'tickets' for. There might be a 5 dollar charge for parking. Hope you can make it!!!! PM me if you have any questions!! I'll give you my cell# if you come and can't find us :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts

tuesday, juniors show at the same time as maltese so i MIGHT attempt to show Emma. Last time I did, it was an epic failure and we almost got excused, LOL. So I'm hesitant to show her again but this is the last show of the year for stats (and Emma finally made it to the top 20) so I will probably show. Maybe. Haven't decided yet!

Marina will be showing her new dog Andrew in juniors, so we'll see how that goes!

So Tuesday or Wednesday might be better because we can just go back to hotel after maltese judging. If we plan for thursday, everyone will have to stick around for Junior showmanship.

Yeagerbum, YES you can come watch the judging! Only shows like Eukanuba or Westminster do you need 'tickets' for. There might be a 5 dollar charge for parking. Hope you can make it!!!! PM me if you have any questions!! I'll give you my cell# if you come and can't find us :thumbsup:

So happy you are going to show Emma!! I'll try to be there watching Marina on that day.
Any day you choose for a meetup will be fine with me : )

Sooooo thrilled to see you both and to meet Andrew!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

Thanks for the info!! :D I really hope I'll be able to go and meet you lovely ladies and the everyone's dogs :)

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Stacy since you are the one working, which day will be easier for you. I don't want to distract you.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wednesday might be the 'best' time, just because I can leave right after maltese show.

So... Wednesday?

Meeting at the show or you can just come to the hotel afterward, which will probably be around 2ish.

Does that sound good?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts