Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I checked with Network Solutions and the owner's name and contact info is listed. Click here and type in the URL and it'll give all contact info:

WHOIS Search for Domain Registration Information | Network Solutions

If the link doesn't work, just go to Network Solutions and then click on "Whois".

The owner's name is Alisa Chagnon and she is in MA.

A quick Google search turned up that she is a freelance writer and also owns http://www.petpom.com/ and http://www.allboxerinfo.com/
Look at the bottom of her Pom home page and there are links to all her sites for quite a few breeds.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
They used Lady's picture without my permission, too. I contacted her last night and told her to take it down. She emailed me back and asked for permission. I told her to take it down again, but it is still up.

Several of the pictures on the website look familiar to me, especially the little birthday Malt on the Age page page. Anyone recognize her?

Everyone should check to see if their picture was stolen, too.

Pet Maltese | Maltese Information Center

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Since she is using pictures from SM, I wondered if she is a member here?:mellow:
She might have joined to get access to pics but she doesn't appear to be a Maltese owner... just a writer with lots of pet sites, so she can have lots of Google ads. Her phone number is on the Whois info so you may want to call her to have her remove your pic.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
They used Lady's picture without my permission, too. I contacted her last night and told her to take it down. She emailed me back and asked for permission. I told her to take it down again, but it is still up.

Several of the pictures on the website look familiar to me, especially the little birthday Malt on the Age page page. Anyone recognize her?

Everyone should check to see if their picture was stolen, too.

Pet Maltese | Maltese Information Center
Makes me wonder if what she wrote is original or also "stolen".

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Good point, Sher.

I can't seem to see the pictures, do you have to click all of the links in order to see every one? I'm a nerd, thus, I don't click on links unless I know for sure that it's safe.

Thanks,

Allie

·
Registered
842 Posts
Oh wow, I'd be upset too. It's one thing is someone ASKS your permission, but its a whole other thing to go ahead and steal someones picture.

I wonder about that too, I mean unless you have a copyright on all your pictures, how do you prove they are yours? I mean I know you KNOW they are, and we know they are. But as for people stealing pictures on the internet, how does one person over the other prove they are theirs? I wonder about that too with some of my pictures. Especially ones I take a long time on with setting up props and everything, I'd hate for someone to pass them off as their own.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I got an email from Alisa this morning and told her again to take Lady's picture down. It's still up! Grrrr! :smmadder:

I just sent another emial demanding she take the picture down NOW!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I really don't like it when people take *without asking*. If it is ok with the picture owner, it is fine, you can take and use. If not, why don't they go take the time and effort and snap their very own pictures!!!!!

I hope Shoni and Lady's photos get down very soon!

·
Premium Member
6,090 Posts
Even though I don't know for sure, I think I know how she got the pictures. I did a search yesterday for a tartar control product, and guess what popped up on Google? A link to my thread from SM on tartar and tooth brushing! This means that all of our threads, posts, and probably pictures, too are all over the web for everyone to see. I'm sure not happy about this.:angry:

·
Premium Member
6,090 Posts
Oh my word!!!:exploding::exploding: Go to Google Images and type in the box "Maltese dogs on spoiled maltese forum" ALL of our fluffs are on there! :angry::angry::angry:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm not sure how effective this would be if people really don't care if they steal someone's pictures but you can check it out and decide if it's something you want to look into. There is quite a bit of free watermarking for online photos if you're interested.

How to Watermark Your Photos

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I'm not sure how effective this would be if people really don't care if they steal someone's pictures but you can check it out and decide if it's something you want to look into. There is quite a bit of free watermarking for online photos if you're interested.

How to Watermark Your Photos
Yep, I was going to start adding my name to Aolani's photos - just haven't gotten arount to it yet.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Oh my word!!!:exploding::exploding: Go to Google Images and type in the box "Maltese dogs on spoiled maltese forum" ALL of our fluffs are on there! :angry::angry::angry:
I did a search took 24 seconds for several pages to appear of SM babies. Stacy/Marina recent win with Emma, Michelle's caricature of Maltese, Brit's Cosy, Lucy, the icon for the Shelter Contest, Kat's camel's, even the age banner time lines. There must be a common thread other then the SM forum for these to appear through Google Images because there are other sites there as well. It's kind of scary...

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I think it's really creepy actually but it is a public forum. So anybody and everybody has access to your photos and whatever you write.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
I think it's really creepy actually but it is a public forum. So anybody and everybody has access to your photos and whatever you write.
Yes, this is a public forum, but I was thinking more in terms of photobucket, MySpace, or Facebook when I mentioned a common thread. I went through 15 pages of Google Image, never did I see a photo of my Star, but I don't belong to any of the aforementioned social sites, and I have never used photobucket. Just think there is another common thread other then SM.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I got an email from Alisa this morning and told her again to take Lady's picture down. It's still up! Grrrr! :smmadder:

I just sent another emial demanding she take the picture down NOW!

Marj, I just had to tell you, how angry it makes me, the way she used Lady's picture and what she said. HOW DARE SHE. And not know the Lady is all of our Queens, and you are the best Mommy in the world. Lady looks awesome and it's all because of you.

Lady is special to me for several reasons and I love her dearly.

I know she used other furbabies as well, and I am sorry for that.

She just better take down Lady's picture!!!

Love you and Lady Marj.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.