Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching a show on Animal Planet called "Going to the Dogs". Its about show dogs on the circuit in Canada. I'm trying to see if its a series or not. I TIVO'd it with a season's pass just in case. These dog shows really are political! I haven't seen any Maltese, but it is interesting anyway.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
My daughter watched this the other day. I didn't see it, but she decided that she didn't want to become a show handler...I guess that's a good thing! She still wants to become a vet when she grows up.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yes, I saw that today and thought to myself "what a mess that world is". One lady was showing Poodles and was enraged when a judge chose a dog that had to be dragged around the ring. Can't blame her! She just pulled the rest of the dogs she was going to show, packed up and went home.

If that show doesn't turn off potential handlers, nothing will.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I don't have much experience about dog shows but the couple of times I went to one did not encourage me to go back to another one. And the only time I talked to a handler who showed Maltese she was not forthcoming. I went twice also to the Maltese Specialty show, first one in Las Vegas and second time in Dallas. I found it boring and full of inside politics going on especially at the one in Dallas.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Jan 30 2005, 05:00 PM
My daughter watched this the other day.  I didn't see it, but she decided that she didn't want to become a show handler...I guess that's a good thing!  She still wants to become a vet when she grows up.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32390
[/QUOTE]
Even though she has to put animals to sleep? I wanted to be a vet also going up... but once i got older... and realized how hard it was going to be to euthanize a dog... forget it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts