Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my daughter pulled a good one this morning.
She had saved the pregnancy test strip from when she learned she was pregnant with my granddaughter (now six months old). She took it into the bathroom, ran it under the sink, then took it in to show her husband. Poor man, he is working full time, trying to finish his doctorate dissertation, and helping her with the three year old and the baby. She said he was so in shock, and she just kept on. She got to laughing so she cried, and he just thought she was happy. She finally got him out of his misery and told him. He left for work, not thinking it was funny, but came this afternoon laughing at how he had been fooled. My daughter continued throughout the day calling friends to tell them her "good news". Funny thing is all believed her. I told her to just watch out as it would serve her right if she really did have an unplanned pregnancy after all her pranks today.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou@Apr 1 2005, 10:23 PM
Well, my daughter pulled a good one this morning. 
  She had saved the pregnancy test strip from when she learned she was pregnant with my granddaughter (now six months old).  She took it into the bathroom, ran it under the sink, then took it in to show her husband.  Poor man, he is working full time, trying to finish his doctorate dissertation, and helping her with the three year old and the baby.  She said he was so in shock, and she just kept on.  She got to laughing so she cried, and he just thought she was happy.  She finally got him out of his misery and told him.  He left for work, not thinking it was funny, but came this afternoon laughing at how he had been fooled.  My daughter continued throughout the day calling friends to tell them her "good news".  Funny thing is all believed her.  I told her to just watch out as it would serve her right if she really did have an unplanned pregnancy after all her pranks today.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48264
[/QUOTE]

What a HILARIOUS April Fool's joke!!! Good for her!
But your advice is what would have happened to me! I would have jinxed myself!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HAHAH GOOD ONE! I gotta remember that one LOL!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
OMG-that is sooo funny! She better watch out-you know he's going to think of something to get her back.....ha ha.... I can never keep a straight face to fool my husband!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
This would be great to pull on my husband. Of course, he would have a major heart attack and probably really freak out. Where would I get a positive pregnancy test anyways? Well, maybe I can do it next year!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As to where you can get the positive pregnancy strip--ask your friends if they kept theirs. My daughter put hers in the baby book.
She just took it out and got it a little damp with water to make it look like it was a new testing. Or, OKW, you could work on making one of your own

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by okw@Apr 2 2005, 12:32 PM
This would be great to pull on my husband.  Of course, he would have a major heart attack and probably really freak out.  Where would I get a positive pregnancy test anyways?  Well, maybe I can do it next year!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48355
[/QUOTE]

Get a friend of yours that is pregnant to pee on a pregnancy test for you.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay+Apr 3 2005, 05:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-okw
@Apr 2 2005, 12:32 PM
This would be great to pull on my husband.  Of course, he would have a major heart attack and probably really freak out.  Where would I get a positive pregnancy test anyways?  Well, maybe I can do it next year!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48355
Get a friend of yours that is pregnant to pee on a pregnancy test for you.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48644
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm....I don't think I would want to hold it then!! Either way, most of my friends are in med school and none have kids yet!! Thanks for the advice though. Also, since this would be our first child, its probably not something I want to be kidding about!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I don't know what is wrong with me but I do not like to play or receive practical jokes. I think they are sort of cruel and I hate to see people upset for no reason. I guess there are times when they are appropriate but.....

The type of practical joke I like is one that we did at Thanksgiving many years ago. We bought one of those rubber chickens... those big floppy ones... We had a large platter-type serving dish with a lid and brought it to the table and said we have a gorgeous juicy turkey .. and then opened the lid and there was the rubber chicken..... That was funny at the time... that kind of joke that is not hurtful is the type I like!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts