Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got our new little girl - she's eight weeks old and as cute as a button.
She's already playing with Archie all the time. I can't believe how fast she can run when she chases him, cause she's so little. We've been calling her "Angel" - but after a few days of seeing her personality emerge....she's much more aggressive than Archie....we're not sure Angel is the name for her (but I still like it). So whatever her name ends up being, we already love her (all of us except for my old fat Bichon, who could care less about "another" dog in the house).

p.s. - I tried to change the picture to show Arch and Angel, but it didn't seem to work. Sorry.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awww... congrats on the new addition!
I cant wait to see more pictures! I think Angel is the perfect name... even if shes not a perfect angel... it makes it even better! People thought i should name Kodie... a more aggressive name like.. BLADE or ROCK.... or a name that means big cause kodie is so small...hahha.. Is it really different having a girl maltese now compared to your boy?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Congratulations on your newest family addition!
She sure sounds like a whirlwind, and Archie will probably have his paws full for a while! Enjoy it all! Can't wait to see some pics.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Congratulations! Sylphide is a devil angel--sweet, beautiful, loving, and devlish :D

Be sure to keep Nutrical handy and watch carefully to make sure she doesn't go into hypoglycemic shock--she'll still be vulnerable to that for a few more weeks.

Enjoy your baby!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I'm so glad to see another person from NJ...there are quite a few of us here. We are at the shore too, and I spent many many many summers on LBI. But we sold that place this year (the offer was just too good to refuse). We still live at the shore, just up the coast a bit now in Monmouth Co.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Congrats! What a lot of fun you are going to have!!!
Send more pictures soon!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WOW! Congradulations! I hope you're having lots of fun with the new edition of your family.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
OK. Here comes the rain on your parade. Did you not know that a puppy should stay with its mom for 12 weeks? It learns socialization and it's place in the pack as well as having that time between being weened and leaving its mom and siblings to to this.

I hate to hurt anyone's feelings but this is stuff that we gotta let people know about.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Congrats on your new addition!! We are STILL waiting for Sisse to come home with us. It's getting harder and harder to see her and then go home empty handed!! So glad Archie has a new sib!! Keep us posted as to how it goes!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Jan 27 2005, 10:17 AM
OK.  Here comes the rain on your parade.  Did you not know that a puppy should stay with its mom for 12 weeks?  It learns socialization and it's place in the pack as well as having that time between being weened and leaving its mom and siblings to to this.

I hate to hurt anyone's feelings but this is stuff that we gotta let people know about.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31888
[/QUOTE]

It is important to get that message out, Pico's Mom.

Very important lessons are missed when a puppy is taken from it's mom and littermates before 12 weeks of age.

Did you know that learning bite inhibition does not even begin until 6 weeks of age? Up until then, puppies explore everything with their mouths. The most critical age for learning this essential behavior is 6-10 weeks so a puppy who is taken from its mother too early has a much greater likelihood of developing a biting problem later on.

Puppies learn to control the force of their biting from the reactions of their mothers and littermates during play and especially play-fighting. A momma dog will yelp and whirl on a puppy, growling and showing her teeth if he bites her, then completely ignore him. This sends a clear message to the puppy that if he doesn't play nice, he can't play at all. Learning from his pack is instinctive behavior for a puppy. It is much harder (and often unsuccessful without the help of a trainer) for a human to teach bite inhibition.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
congrats! how exciting!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by Maltese Lover01@Jan 27 2005, 08:40 AM
We finally got our new little girl - she's eight weeks old and as cute as a button.
She's already playing with Archie all the time.  I can't believe how fast she can run when she chases him, cause she's so little.  We've been calling her "Angel" - but after a few days of seeing her personality emerge....she's much more aggressive than Archie....we're not sure Angel is the name for her (but I still like it).  So whatever her name ends up being, we already love her (all of us except for my old fat Bichon, who could care less about "another" dog in the house).

p.s. - I tried to change the picture to show Arch and Angel, but it didn't seem to work.  Sorry.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31836
[/QUOTE]

Congratulations to you and your new addition!!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hope you all enjoy the new baby. Keep us posted on how the two pups are doing together.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts