Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering ... has there even been a thread where people list their dog's pedigree (is that the right word?) to see if their baby is related to someone here on the forum?

I'd love to know if Poppy has relatives here! :thumbsup:

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
183 Posts
Julee,

You read my mind! I was just thinking about starting a thread like this last night. Since I'm gonna be getting a pup soon, I'm very curious to know the pedigrees of the dogs here. :)

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
That has been done here a few times over the years. I bet you can search for a thread while awaiting response from members.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, since I haven't been a part of previous threads, I'll put what I can make out from the pedigree papers (it's all confusing to me.)

• Poppy's Mother - Stangeland's Pearl of Showboat (Several CH. and CH. Showboats in her line)
  • Poppy's Mother's Daddy - CH Showboat Gigalo's PT Cruiser (Lots of CH. and CH. Showboats in Cruisers line)
  • Poppy's Mother's Grandfather - Shanlyn's Pure Dynamite (Boomer?) (Also lots of CH.s in his line)
  • Poppy's Father - Am. CH High Steppin Risque Ria Malt (Lots of AM. CH's in Malts line)
I don't know what else to put, as I said, I find a hard time understanding the pedigree listings and don't want to get cornfused. Maybe that ancestor website could help me out. :HistericalSmiley:

I was thinking that someone on the forum has Jack (C & M's Stangelands Black Jack), who is Poppy's older Brother from the previous litter of Pearl and Malt's. But, I'm not sure.

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Lots of us have Marcris Risque Business or his children and grand children in our pedigrees. :)

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I don't have MS Word installed on my computer right now, so I can't open Preston's pedigree, but I know he is pretty closely related to Stacy's Caira (I think Caira...don't think it's Caddy??) & also Purplepeep's Libby. Further down his pedigree, I'm sure he is related to many others on here. :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, looking through the papers ... Poppy's Mother's Great-Grandpa/Grandma ... I see Risque King Ransom and C & M's Lolly's Tinker Bell.

Is the name Risque unique, or do you think Risque Business and Risque King Ransom were related?

HUGz! Jules

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
I don't have MS Word installed on my computer right now, so I can't open Preston's pedigree, but I know he is pretty closely related to Stacy's Caira (I think Caira...don't think it's Caddy??) & also Purplepeep's Libby. Further down his pedigree, I'm sure he is related to many others on here. :)
i was trying to find that old thread but couldn't find it where everyone posted their pedigrees. I couldn't even open up my earliest posts to find it that way!

Caira's dad is Ch Sinphony of Venice Andy, is that Preston's? Here is Caira's pedigree
WebGeneal 4.7.0 (2004.05.01)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, how darned cool is this!! :thumbsup:

I see that Poppy's Father's Great Grandpa/Grandma is Marcris Risque Business and Cedarwood Kivalia.

Poppy's Father's Great-Grandpa and Grandma were Marcris Indecent and Miss Lilly White II.

I'm going to end up knowing more about Poppy's family than my own. LOL

HUGz! Jules

Edit: Actually looking through his lines I see the name Marcris mentioned two other times ... Marcris Success of Sun Isle and Marcris Marshmellow Prism.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Other than the usual suspect (Risque Business) and various 'cousins' here and there...Bisou's half sister (same daddy) is Des' SeRi.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here are links to all my pedigrees

Truffles and Emma
(they are the 'potential offspring) I don't have their pedigrees done yet, LOL

Lucy

Caddy

And last but not least...

Lois

So let's see who their relatives are!

And thank you to Klaus for his wonderful maltese database!!!!
Poppy and Lucy have a lot of the same names in there ... does that like make them 3rd cousins removed ... or something like that? :D

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I don't have Remy's pedigree scanned yet but here is his sire's pedigree (taken from woodele):

His mom was not a champion so I don't have a link to her pedigree but her lines are mainly from Bonnie Palmer (Angels). His grandfather from his mom's side is Ch. Angels Risque' Desperado.

Any relatives out there? :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
This is such a nice idea! Id post mine, but being in the UK its not likely. I do know that theres a ch something hersley kisses whos american and a cousin of bellas somewhere along the line lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts