Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
I'd love to go to a Ren Faire,I love the fairy lore and the history. I have friends who do reinacting but do Colonial era. They had the coolest wedding,everyone was in costume. My husband was the best man,he looked so cute in his knickers and tricorn hat. the reception they played music from all eras and even modern,looked like a scene from A Knight's Tale".

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
You mean Renaissance Faire? :brownbag: I didn't realize that and thought you were talking about some kind of brand of something. I've never gone to one though always wanted to when I was younger. There was always a big one in a place called Tuxedo New York.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wedding sounds wonderful!

We wanted to have a Renaissance wedding, but didn't think the families would go for that. We are renewing our vows on Sept 25 at the Maryland Ren Faire. Everyone will be in costume. My questions were in reference to the elizabethan era, specifically pirates.

Anyone one a history buff????

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
We went to the one here every year and every year it rained cats and dogs. Fun but what a mess!

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
The wedding sounds wonderful!

We wanted to have a Renaissance wedding, but didn't think the families would go for that. We are renewing our vows on Sept 25 at the Maryland Ren Faire. Everyone will be in costume. My questions were in reference to the elizabethan era, specifically pirates.

Anyone one a history buff????
Ahoy! I've never been to a Ren Fair, but am very intrigued by a group that celebrates 'talk like a pirate day" - it's really big in the quarter here every year. The group's website is PyrateCon 2011 - Grand Bahamas - they've been having their annual get together here in New Orleans for a few years or longer and it's a pretty big event.

There's a galley on their website where you can see some of their costumes - some are very realistic and with a slight warning some are a bit risque.

You might also find some ideas on this website: Welcome to the Official site for Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19

Smooth sailing, matey!

Hope I typed this correctly - I'm suffering from a really bad migraine today and if I lay down I fell like I could die - the whole room starts to spin - argh!!!!

Linda

1 - 11 of 11 Posts