Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I have noticed that there a quite a few of us from NJ here on SM. I just thought it would be neat if we could talk "Jersey" on this thread. I'm from Parkway Eixt 105, and I grew up at Turnpike Exit 4 (well you know what I mean).

Do you like Bruce or Bon Jovi? Personally, I prefer Bruce....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,486 Posts
I'm not from Jersey, but I sure do LOVE BRUUUUUUUUUCE!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,614 Posts
I live off of exit 40 on the parkway... but I take Kodie to 100A to go to Garden State Vet all the time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 1 2005, 07:45 PM
Hi all...I have noticed that there a quite a few of us from NJ here on SM.  I just thought it would be neat if we could talk "Jersey" on this thread.  I'm from Parkway Eixt 105, and I grew up at Turnpike Exit 4 (well you know what I mean). 

Do you like Bruce or Bon Jovi?  Personally, I prefer Bruce....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32865
[/QUOTE]
hehehe exit 4 here too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Jersey resident (not native, though!) & far from the typical exit. I'm in NW New Jersey, so my exit is off of Route 80!

Deanne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Yeah I'm South Jersey but not as south as some of you. I am off 42. I forget what exit but it's the one for Camden County Community College in Clementon. I live closer to Philla than the shore.
I grew up in upstate NY (3 years of my life I lived in PA) so I have only been in Jersey for a little over 3 years now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Hey Saltymalty... I'm not from New Jersey but I do have a question.... You're at the shore.. right? Do you ever take your Malt walking on the beach... Was thinking of taking mine to the beach sometime and was wondering how they do.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
I went to the Jersey shore for a weekend vacation and where we went there were no dog beaches (Cape May). Dogs couldn't even be on the boardwalk. So if you do take your babies to the beach make sure it's dog friendly first or you won't be able to get in.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Feb 6 2005, 04:19 PM
I went to the Jersey shore for a weekend vacation and where we went there were no dog beaches (Cape May).  Dogs couldn't even be on the boardwalk.  So if you do take your babies to the beach make sure it's dog friendly first or you won't be able to get in.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33839
[/QUOTE]
Gosh, I had not even thought that maybe dogs wouldn't be allowed on the beach.... that sort of makes sense though..... I usually go to the North Carolina or South Carolina beaches and I believe they allow dogs...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
We live in South Central PA and we vacation in Ocean City New Jersey every year. It's between Atlantic City and Cape May. Sadly, they don't allow dogs on the beach or the boardwalk. We would have loved to walk our schnauzer there. I'm pretty sure that Myrtle Beach and Ocean City Maryland allow dogs on the beach and boardwalk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beaches here allow dogs once the lifeguards are gone. No dogs allowed during bathing times otherwise. The boardwalk in our town (which isn't made of boards...more like a broad sidewalk) allows dogs on a leash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Feb 4 2005, 05:45 PM
Hey Saltymalty... I'm not from New Jersey but I do have a question.... You're at the shore.. right? Do you ever take your Malt walking on the beach... Was thinking of taking mine to the beach sometime and was wondering how they do.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33504
[/QUOTE]

I don't even live in Jersey
But I live right on the beach down here in Florida, and Lucy looooooooooves running in the sand and chasing the birds. Won't touch the water though, which i THINK is a blessing lol.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy+Feb 10 2005, 07:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Feb 4 2005, 05:45 PM
Hey Saltymalty... I'm not from New Jersey but I do have a question.... You're at the shore.. right? Do you ever take your Malt walking on the beach... Was thinking of taking mine to the beach sometime and was wondering how they do.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33504
I don't even live in Jersey
But I live right on the beach down here in Florida, and Lucy looooooooooves running in the sand and chasing the birds. Won't touch the water though, which i THINK is a blessing lol.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34697
[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm so jealous of you guys who live ON the beach.... you're living my dream!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't taken our puppy down to the beach yet. It's been too cold, but I will this spring. I make sure that I stick my toes in the water at least once every month...although it's been pretty cold here. It was easy in January because we had several days into the 60's. But it does get cold when it's 35. It also takes a lot longer to warm up here than inland. Last spring, when we had those 85-90 degree days in May, it was only in the 50's here. Inland less than a mile it was hot. I love being at the beach. I get up every morning and see the water, and I go to bed every night listening to the waves crashing on the shore.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 11 2005, 09:56 AM
I haven't taken our puppy down to the beach yet.  It's been too cold, but I will this spring.  I make sure that I stick my toes in the water at least once every month...although it's been pretty cold here.  It was easy in January because we had several days into the 60's.  But it does get cold when it's 35.  It also takes a lot longer to warm up here than inland.  Last spring, when we had those 85-90 degree days in May, it was only in the 50's here.  Inland less than a mile it was hot.  I love being at the beach.  I get up every morning and see the water, and I go to bed every night listening to the waves crashing on the shore.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34755
[/QUOTE]

Oh..... the whole scenario sounds fabulous to me... even the cold weather... I love cold weather and I love the beach/ocean... so you've got it all!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just remember, the grass is always greener....I am sure your home town is lovely too...

And I didn't brag about all the damage that salt air does to your cars, outdoor furniture, door knobs, light fixtures.....
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top