Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARE YOU SICK OF THOSE HIGH PAID TEACHERS?

I, for one, am sick and tired of those high paid teachers. Their hefty
salaries are driving up taxes and they only work nine or ten months a year!

It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they
do...baby-sit!

We can get that for less than minimum wage. That's right...I would give
them $3.00 dollars an hour and only the hours they worked, not any of that
silly planning time.

That would be 15 dollars a day. Each parent should pay 15 dollars a day for
these teachers to baby-sit their children.

Now, how many do they teach in a day.... maybe 25.

Then that's 15 X 25 = $375 a day.

But remember they only work 180 days a year! I'm not going to pay them for
any vacations.

Let's see... that's 375 x180 = $67,500.00

(Hold on, my calculator must need batteries!)

What about those special teachers or the ones with master's degrees?
Well, we could pay them minimum wage just to be fair. Let's round it off
to $6.00 an hour. That would be $6 times 5 hours times 25 children times
180 days =
$135,000.00 per year.

Wait a minute, there is something wrong here!!!

(There sure is!)

Make a teacher smile, send this to him or her
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
A lot of people in my family are teachers, and I just have the most respect for them, most teachers for that matter. Most teachers should be millionaires for everything that they do (and put up with). My bf is teaching a class at a local college, and he comes home soooo tired and stressed after the class. And he's dealing with older and (maybe) more mature people than grade school and high school teachers. But when he comes back from his regular job (which to me sounds stressful) he's perfectly fine. It's funny how our country works, the people who deserve it the most, don't get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
That is pretty good!!!!

What is that final figure...with a master's? It is like...4-5 times what I make! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Mar 20 2005, 04:48 PM
A lot of people in my family are teachers, and I just have the most respect for them, most teachers for that matter.  Most teachers should be millionaires for everything that they do (and put up with).  My bf is teaching a class at a local college, and he comes home soooo tired and stressed after the class.  And he's dealing with older and (maybe) more mature people than grade school and high school teachers.  But when he comes back from his regular job (which to me sounds stressful) he's perfectly fine.  It's funny how our country works, the people who deserve it the most, don't get it.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44722
[/QUOTE]

Well said, littlepeanut! Someone can be a real knucklehead but catch a ball well and receive multimillions, and someone who teaches our children, or nurses us to wellness, or who is concerned with our well-being in social services isn't remunerated anywhere near what they deserve. Why is entertainment so much more important to us than our well-being or that of our children?? I dunno, it escapes me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
HAHA...Great point! I'm scared to send this to my teachers! LOL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
OK... I hate to say this but I will


I think teachers (and nurses) are paid disproportionately low wages because these professions started out as "womens jobs". Back in the "olden days" when I was in college most women majored in nursing, education or secretarial science.... hence the historically low wages for these professions...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Mar 21 2005, 11:21 AM
OK... I hate to say this but I will 


I think teachers (and nurses) are paid disproportionately low wages because these professions started out as "womens jobs". Back in the "olden days" when I was in college most women majored in nursing, education or secretarial science.... hence the historically low wages for these professions...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44899
[/QUOTE]


You are probably right! Never really thought of it that way before, but makes total sense!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,486 Posts
I was catching up on my newspapers when I returned from my trip. The Parade Magazine from last Sunday had the annual issue about what people earn. I commented to my daughter that teachers were the lowest paid people! Some of the jobs that outearned them made me sick. (Don't want to step on any toes.) We entrust the future of our children to people that we don't want to pay a fair wage to! How fair is this? I agree with what K/C's mom said about teaching and nursing being traditionally "women's jobs". Demand has raised nursing pay, however. To go a step further, I don't believe that teachers will get paid what they are DUE (and they ARE due better wages), until they work 12 months per year. As long as many teachers work 9 or 10 month contracts they are going to be viewed as "not a serious career". Please note that this is not how I feel at all. I know some really dedicated teachers who deserve better than they are getting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Originally posted by Carol Ann@Mar 20 2005, 09:12 PM
Well said, littlepeanut! Someone can be a real knucklehead but catch a ball well and receive multimillions, and someone who teaches our children, or nurses us to wellness, or who is concerned with our well-being in social services isn't remunerated anywhere near what they deserve. Why is entertainment so much more important to us than our well-being or that of our children?? I dunno, it escapes me. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44752
[/QUOTE]

amen! i work in sports, and lemme tell ya, i make (in a year) what some of these guys make... PER GAME. i've always agreed that teachers, policemen, firemen, social workers, etc...those that work with "real people" day in and day out...those are the ones who need the highest salaries. the professions that impact the children, our FUTURE..they deserve the millions.

some day...when i'm commissioner of major league baseball...(haha i know, but my friend and i want to throw our names into the ring when bud selig's reign is up, lol)...any player who has ever accepted a trade and said "oh, it wasnt about the money..." um, okay. then your new contract will be played under the terms of your LAST contract. any player who says "i love this game so much, i'd play for free...." um, okay! sign right here! no paycheck for you! anyone who wants to use steriods, can, and they can play in a NEW baseball league, similar to the "XFL" that was the joke of football a couple years back.

anyway....back to the topic...i loved the post, Elegant, i forwarded it to all my teacher friends


ann marie and the "puppy school dropout" buttercup
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top