Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think it means water with a ph level of 8.

Found this online:

Normal drinking water generally has a neutral pH of 7. Alkaline water typically has a pH of 8 or 9.

Type of water: pH level
Bottled waters labeled as alkaline: 8 to 9
Tap water: Varies; typically about 7.5
Distilled reverse osmosis water: 5 to 7
Thank you. I know we have rust in our water and have a filtration system. So I should get it tested for ph and I want it to be more like 8 or 9?

·
Registered
~ Angie w/ fur babies Bailey & Pickles
31 Posts
I would read up on it & go from there.
Until seeing this thread I'd never even thought about the pH of the water we drink. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ari is looking like the Lorax. Any suggestions or ideas. She has a orange tinge to her face. Is it food? Is is water? Is it teething? View attachment 275348 View attachment 275348 View attachment 275349 View attachment 275348 View attachment 275349 View attachment 275351 View attachment 275351 View attachment 275348 View attachment 275349
I had exactly the same problem with my beautiful little Mischa and we finally found out and confirmed that was her teething until we had to removed 8 teeth because she had double row of baby and permanent teeth. Once they were gone her face started clearing up but also I still wash her face everyday with a drop of whitening shampoo in a wet towel...this was my experience so I hope this help you with your little one..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, my Coco is 10 year old and even as a puppy she didn't have red discoloration. It's been a while now that she has red color around her faca and on her legs as well. Nothing changed re food or water, her behavior is same. Any tip please ? Its really warred me. Thanks so much in advance. Tamara
Hi I have a 12 years old Bichon Frise and she have never had any eye staining but recently she has all over her face and front paws from liking herself....Please if anyone has a clue of the problem let me know...she eats the same food , distilled water and same supplements

·
Registered
573 Posts
What is ph 8?
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. You can purchase an inexpensive ph testing stick online which you put in the water and it will read the Ph with an electronic meter (like a big thermometer). If you can keep the hair around your pups eyes trimmed short, clean and dry, it will help in the meantime. I know how crummy the tear staining looks but have patience till it passes naturally. Otherwise you can take your pup to an opthomologist (I did! lol) and they can check for blocked tear ducts ( which my pup didn't have). She got over it and so did I!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts