Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Arizona. It is hot in Arizona, when our house hits 80 degrees a little lower when my husband is NOT home we turn the AC on. So for the last 3 weeks we have had the AC on. Today on April 23rd it snowed, 32 degrees outside.:tumbleweed: Never a dull moment around here.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Deborah Have you always lived in Arizona? I really don't like heat at all.. I have even thought of retirement more north.... I couldn't live in that heat for ? is it 8 months out of year in Arizona? Jeanne

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
LMAO ~ Yep, I lived in Chandler, and worked in Phoenix for two years.

That's when I quit wearing makeup. It melted before I got to work ~ :HistericalSmiley:

My roommate was a sales rep, I had known for years. I moved in with him, and his girlfriend. They had a beautiful new home. It was flippin' huge. So when Tom was out of town, which he was quite often, as his territory covered many states, Susan and I would blast the air conditioner.
One night he came home a day early, and this huge house was freezing in 120 degree weather. He was so mad ~ :HistericalSmiley:

Suz, and I, would be another room, hear Tom yell "WTF", and Suz would say, "Oh, he must have opened the electric bill" ~ LMAO

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Hi, I live 12 miles north of Phoenix and it wasn't even that cold here...no snow either. I really don't think it got below 55 at most. Where are you? It got cooler here today...but nothing like you say. Summer is hot but I'd rather this dry heat than the humidity of some places. Now if I could live in Orange County I would...I love it there and my best friend lives there, so we go a lot.
Thanks to our AC and our pool, I put up with it. But the heat over 100 degrees is not more than four or five months. I can take it up till 105, then it's either the pool or in the house. I've been living here for 33 years, so I'm practically a native, but was born and raised in NYC so I know how it is at both ends and I still pick here instead of the cold.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:After 30 years in Houston I can cope with the heat here. I have only put the a/c on a couple times in the afternoon when the temperature went over 90° a few days ago. Sierra Vista is way South close to the Mexican border. It's in a higher elevation than we are here in Phoenix. We love the weather here. It's only about 4 months that it is really hot. The rest of the year is a breeze.

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
I have friends who were in Sierra Vista for a while at Ft. Huachuca. I'll have to tell them it snowed there - their kids didn't see snow unless they went to visit grandparents in CO.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dad was in the army and this is where he retired. I have a 2 degree comfort zone 72 -74. Other than that I'm too hot or too cold. We live in what is called High Desert. We are 70 miles away from Tucson. This is the same area where the Minute Men patrolled the boarders and the Benson rancher was recently killed.

My husband follows me around to turn up or down the heat. My question to him is if it is not OK to be at 80 in the winter why is it OK to be 80 in the summer???? :tumbleweed:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
HA HA HA, I always say that...so I have the same question!!

My dad was in the army and this is where he retired. I have a 2 degree comfort zone 72 -74. Other than that I'm too hot or too cold. We live in what is called High Desert. We are 70 miles away from Tucson. This is the same area where the Minute Men patrolled the boarders and the Benson rancher was recently killed.

My husband follows me around to turn up or down the heat. My question to him is if it is not OK to be at 80 in the winter why is it OK to be 80 in the summer???? :tumbleweed:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:I am with you :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:eek:nly my husband does not follow me around :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts