Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw on the news that there was a lot of damage done in AZ with tornado(s) coming through. Am hoping an AZ SM members are okay.:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
View attachment 90163
That's the hail that fell at my daughter's place !
The tornadoes were in the Flagstaff area. I don't think somebody from SM lives in that area.
No rain, no hail, no wind at our place on Tuesday. We had a storm on Monday afternoon with high wind and rain. But no damage.

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
Hard to believe hail that size in AZ and tornados:w00t: last winter we had a few earth quakes there:w00t: I'll be there in Nov, hope my RV is ok

·
Registered
762 Posts
I live in Mesa, which is in the eastern part of the valley near Phx. We got hit pretty bad in my area with several microbursts and it hailed twice. The storm cells just kept popping up and grew quickly. My house and yard faired pretty well without any major damage but we had alot of debris that blew into the yard from who knows where. I'm hoping the hail didn't damage the oranges and grapefruit on my trees. Several parking lots near me were stripped bare of all the trees. It was a scarey day for sure.

I took some pictures from my door so they aren't the best but they show the heavy rain and the wind. This is extremely unusual weather for us and is the reason I moved here from MN.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
Paula is it near Flagstaff where the damage was?
no the rv is in Yuma

Paula, not sure how far your RV is from Lake Havasu. We didn't get that kind of weather at all.

good I'm hoping it's ok, are you having fun?:chili:
I live in Mesa, which is in the eastern part of the valley near Phx. We got hit pretty bad in my area with several microbursts and it hailed twice. The storm cells just kept popping up and grew quickly. My house and yard faired pretty well without any major damage but we had alot of debris that blew into the yard from who knows where. I'm hoping the hail didn't damage the oranges and grapefruit on my trees. Several parking lots near me were stripped bare of all the trees. It was a scarey day for sure.

I took some pictures from my door so they aren't the best but they show the heavy rain and the wind. This is extremely unusual weather for us and is the reason I moved here from MN.

wow you really got blasted, great pictures Kim, did you have alot of flooding?

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
View attachment 90163
That's the hail that fell at my daughter's place !
The tornadoes were in the Flagstaff area. I don't think somebody from SM lives in that area.
No rain, no hail, no wind at our place on Tuesday. We had a storm on Monday afternoon with high wind and rain. But no damage.
Wow. The weather is crazy. We call Felix's Mom every Thursday night. She lives in Tucson. It seems this year that we had days when it was hotter here than it was there!

It was beautiful here today ... sunny, with a light breeze and in the mid/upper 70's.

I do pray everyone is safe. I have friends who live in Scottsdale and Phoenix ... so, I guess they were closer to some of the storms this time around?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts