Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i use innova puppy food right now they seem happy with it but chico will turn 1 on april 6th so i dont think he shpuld get the puppy food anymore does anyone know if the Artemis food is for all life stages and if not does anyone know a holstic brand for all life stages for small breed dogs ? thanks so much ! ~ Denise

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Is there a reason you wouldn't just use an adult food? If you have another puppy in the house it is also okay to keep feeding puppy food to the older one a bit longer so long as he is a good weight.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holly do u order on line? if you do what is the shipping cost? i dont see any realtors in my area . jmm~ chixo is a good weight 6 pounds at almost a year but i thought they shouldnt have the puppy food after a year he perfers it to the adult food i put adult in his bowl and puppy in buddys and he eats out of buddys alot

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Mar 21 2005, 11:43 AM
holly do u order on line? if you do what is the shipping cost?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44909
[/QUOTE]

I found a place locally, but the artemis site has a list of retailers.
Artemis Retailers

I hope you can find it locally! Good luck!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi holly thank you so much i found a warehouse in newyork that will ship it for under 6.00 i got the 6.6 lb bag for 12.99 is that good? thanks again i will let you know how they like it
denise

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
You already got your answer I guess, but I feed PEanut Artemis, and I plan on feeding the new pup the same, since like you said it's for all life stages...I just thought it'd be easier to feed the same food instead of having Peanut steal all the puppy food
I am VERY happy with Artemis, it's been great for Peanut so far!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Thats what I pay so with tax you might be paying 5$ more. I think that with such small puppies that bag should last quite awhile
And they are dated so you know when to throw it away if its not used up.

Peanuts mom- I was reading the other thread and was thinking the same thing, that our (meaning our puppy who shall remain nameless) poo smells up something fierce too. I mean it smells like poo which is what I thought it was supposed to smell like? maybe it is the food? is that bad? I also give her a green bean and cheerios and some other treats.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Just to let you know you can freeze dog food. I get Lexi's Innova locally owned pet food store and the owner told me that if you won't use the whole bag in 6 weeks you should freeze some. I put about a weeks worth of food in freezer bags. That way the food doesn't go stall. When I start getting low on that bag I take another out of the freezer. It defrosts over night.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I like the Artemis because it comes in 3 pound bags, but when Peanut was eating Innova I also froze it in smaller batches to keep it all from going bad.

Holliberry, I really don't know about the poo smell. Peanut's had diareha on every food we've ever tried except for Artemis. So, without the wet yucky mess, which got pretty stinky too, I can live with the smell because Peanut is doing so well on it, but I just hold my breath when I pick up the poo.
I'm not really concerned about anything else about Artemis, your pup may not have the stinky poo that Peanut does. Who knows, someone may be sneaking him some unhealthy treats when I'm not around, which could be causing the stink :eek:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by mylittlebella@Mar 21 2005, 03:37 PM
I have Bella on Innova Evo which is for all stages and she loves it.  He poo is less stinky than any other food she's been on and it's also less.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45009
[/QUOTE]
i asked my vet when buddy got his shots if i can put tem on the innova evo and he said no
he said it was too high in protien for a malt so i was on the look out again and came apon the thread about artimis peanut~~~ his poop is stinky?????? on the innove there is no smell i bought the 6 pound bag i hope they like it
~ Denise

1 - 12 of 12 Posts